[talk.bizarre] Dedication

john@frog.UUCP (John Woods) (01/09/90)

In article <$`J9$$@masalla.fulcrum.bt.co.uk>, igb@fulcrum.bt.co.uk (Ian G Batten) writes:
> Let's face it, there are a lot of people with social problems in
> computing.  People who are damn good at what they do, but have
> nothing outside of it.  And people who aren't so good, and still
> have nothing outside.
>
> In the 70s, they played D+D.  Now they play the net.  All the
> words, actions and statements are really just role playing;
> people taking big stances about worthless things.  I attack the
> goblin.  I call Richard Sexton a rude name.

Richard Sexton hits you with a large killifish.  Take 4 points damage, and
roll a saving throw!  You don't make it -- you are soaking wet, and catch
cold!  You start sneezing!

> Before you launch into some flame-war about the next newsgroup,
> or even a flame war against me, just think.  Couldn't you be
> doing something WORTHWHILE?  Do you have a better use for your life?

The next time I want to know if something I plan to do is WORTHWHILE,
I'll be sure to drop you a line to ask if it is.  It's sure a burden off
my back to know that I don't have to decide for myself what is WORTHWHILE
and what is not.
--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (508) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, john@frog.UUCP, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw@eddie.mit.edu

Happiness is Planet Earth in your rear-view mirror.	- Sam Hurt