[talk.bizarre] Call for votes: news.groups.ficc

entropy@pawl.rpi.edu (Someone other than J. Henry H. Lowengard) (02/18/90)

I just got mail from someone alleging to be bill@twwells.com
which claims that the referenced article is a forgery.

This is disappointing to me and perhaps to many others.

Therefore, I will be running the vote myself.  Send your
votes to any of
	entropy@pawl.rpi.edu
	uunet!inco!alembic!entropy

And please try to include something like "I vote YES for
news.groups.ficc" or the like in the subject line of your
message.  Voting begins now and ends at 0:20:00 GMT on 11
March 1990.

Try to have a pleasant afternoon.
--

		The wicked flee when no one pursueth.
Mark-Jason Dominus 	   entropy@pawl.rpi.EDU	     uunet!inco!alembic!entropy

xanthian@saturn.ADS.COM (Metafont Consultant Account) (02/18/90)

In article <Q3!#86@rpi.edu> entropy@pawl.rpi.edu (Someone other than
J. Henry H. Lowengard) writes:

>And please try to include something like "I vote YES for
>news.groups.ficc" or the like in the subject line of your
>message.

This seems like an idea whose time is come, and perhaps overdue.  To
avoid annoying the rest of the net with further proliferation of this
bad tempered drivel, however, I suggest we make the new news group
write only.
--
xanthian@ads.com xanthian@well.sf.ca.us (Kent Paul Dolan)
Again, my opinions, not the account furnishers'.

entropy@pawl.rpi.edu (Immer/Muetar Border Guard) (02/18/90)

In article <10944@saturn.ADS.COM> xanthian@saturn.ADS.COM (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
   I suggest we make the new news group
   write only.

Well, I was thinking of proposing an entire ficc hierarchy,
distribution to be restricted to the Southern Hemisphere,
but then I realized that there probably was one already, and
it certainly didn't seem to be helping any.

This one is a winner for sure, folks.  The notice has only
been out a few hours and already Truth and Righteousness
have a resounding lead.  Why, and I haven't even heard from
John Berryhill yet!
--

		The wicked flee when no one pursueth.
Mark-Jason Dominus 	   entropy@pawl.rpi.EDU	     uunet!inco!alembic!entropy

lear@turbo.bio.net (Eliot) (02/19/90)

Needless to say, I'll not create such a group at this site (joke or
not).
--
Eliot Lear
[lear@TURBO.BIO.NET]