[talk.bizarre] Alt.restaurants to be rmgroup'd

alfemme@felix.UUCP ( Alfred Emmett) (08/18/90)

In article <9789@goofy.Apple.COM> cep@Apple.COM (Christopher Pettus) writes:
>>Recently, a vote tentatively passed in news.groups (cross-posted
>>to alt.config, among other places), for the creation of
>>Rec.food.restaurants to replace Alt.restaurants.  The current plan

Your plan. Not THE plan.

>>is to leave both groups in place for a while, as with the
>>*.msdos.programmer migration, and then rmgroup Alt.restaurants.
>>
>>I received an e-mail message, expressing the concern that the
>>Alt.config folks may not have fully realized the intent of the
>>Rec.food.restaurants proposal.  While the migration was fully
>>discussed both here, in Alt.restaurants, _and_ in News.groups before
>>the vote was taken, a reminder didn't seem too much to ask.  So
>>here it is.
>>
>>My request is that (assuming the Rec.food.restaurants vote is
>>validated, which seems likely) sysadmins alias Alt.restaurants to
>>Rec.food.restaurants, and then honor the rmgroup for Alt.restaurants
>>when it goes out (probably 3 weeks or a month after the newgroup
>>for R.f.r).

Terrific.

My request is that rec.restaurants and alt.restaurants be left
as individual groups.

My reasoning is twofold:

1) I perceive a different class of people get the alt groups than
mainstream usenet. You have to go out of your way to get alt,
and they contain dangerous, dark, evil subjects. As such, only
night crawling pallid fleshed dangerous criminals get alt. Probably
when they aren't having an affair with somebody else's wife or beating
their children while ingesting god knows what illegal and probably
dangerous drugs.

Pablum puking preppies; BIFF archtypes get rec. And deserve it. Up
the ass, sideways. On fire.

2) Another shining example of an alt to rec failure is .aquaria. Checking
with people who read that stuff, the consensus is: ``Uh yeah, rec.aquaria
is kinda dumb. You have to still real alt.aquaria for the good stuff''.

Therefore, I perceive a nonzero chance that alt.restaurants ans
rec.restaurants might be different groups. I'd like to see
if that is true.

As such, I politely request that alt.restaurants be left alone,
and should only be removed if there is no longer any traffic in it.

Isn't this fair enough?

The voices in my head say do this or I'll kill you. Have a nice day.

alfemme@felix.UUCP ( Alfred Emmett) (08/18/90)

Oops. I shouls have checked the newsgroups line before I posted that.
Somebody had it going to many possibly inappropriate groups.

Sorry.

In article <150325@felix.UUCP> alfemme@felix.UUCP (Alfred Emmett) writes:
>Oops. I shouls have checked the newsgroups line before I posted that.
>Somebody had it going to many possibly inappropriate groups.
>
>Sorry.

Oops. .signature file didn't show up.

--
Alf Emmett                alfemme@felix          uunet!ccicpg!felix!alfemme

alfemme@felix.UUCP (08/22/90)

In article <150327@felix.UUCP> alfemme@felix.UUCP (Alfred Emmett) writes:
>In article <150325@felix.UUCP> alfemme@felix.UUCP (Alfred Emmett) writes:
>>Oops. I shouls have checked the newsgroups line before I posted that.
>>Somebody had it going to many possibly inappropriate groups.
>>
>>Sorry.

>Oops. .signature file didn't show up.

>--
>Alf Emmett                alfemme@felix          uunet!ccicpg!felix!alfemme

Oops. .signature file only showed up once.

--

meo@rsiatl.UUCP (Miles ONeal) (08/22/90)

grp@unify.uucp (Pablum-puking preppie) writes:

>Please get this off rec.birds...

And proceeds to quote the entire, unexpurgated article to *all* the
crossposted groups other than his personal favorite. All hundred or
so lines of it, costing the net at *least* the price of a pair of
budgies, a cormorant, and an anatomically correct toy barn owl.

>>   The voices in my head say do this or I'll kill you. Have a nice day.

Hmmm. Nah, I'll just start crossposting between, say, here and
rec.arts.startrek, the entire collected editorial works of
Messrs Shatner & Nimoy about why the USA isn't dealing well
with the "Klingon Situation".

-me@here

BIFF@BIT.NET (Classic BIFF) (08/30/90)

On 18 Aug 90 04:24:12 GMT, alfemme@felix.UUCP ( Alfred Emmett) said:

> Pablum puking preppies; BIFF archtypes get rec. And deserve it. Up
> the ass, sideways. On fire.

HI ALFRED!!!  WHAT"S A BIFF ARCHETYPE??? IS IT ANYTHING LIKE ME???  THAT"D
SHOOR BE KOOL!!!  WHAT IS REC.???  IS IT ANOTHER BBOARD??? IS IT AS KOOL AS
THIS WUN???

HEY ARE YOU RELATED TO THAT GUY ALFRED WHO USED TO BE THE BUTLER FOR
BATMAN???  HE WUZ TOTALLY KOOL!!!  WELL I HAVE TO GO NOW BYE!!!

> The voices in my head say do this or I'll kill you. Have a nice day.

WHOA ALFRED THAT SOUNDZ LIKE A BAD THING.  MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR
MIND SO THOSE VOICES FEEL BETTER EH???

--
                         THE LEAD GLADIATOR
                        THE COBALT CONUNDRUM <---- MY BROTHER"S IDEA!!!!

csu@alembic.acs.com (Dave Mack) (09/01/90)

In article <7113@BIT.NET> BIFF@BIT.NET (Classic BIFF) writes:
>On 18 Aug 90 04:24:12 GMT, alfemme@felix.UUCP ( Alfred Emmett) said:
>
>> Pablum puking preppies; BIFF archtypes get rec. And deserve it. Up
>> the ass, sideways. On fire.
>
>HI ALFRED!!!  WHAT"S A BIFF ARCHETYPE??? IS IT ANYTHING LIKE ME???  THAT"D
>SHOOR BE KOOL!!!  WHAT IS REC.???  IS IT ANOTHER BBOARD??? IS IT AS KOOL AS
>THIS WUN???

Uh huh. There are only a handful of people on the net who could be
BIFF and also spell "archetype" correctly when it was misspelled in
the original note.

The anti-BIFF task force is closing in.

The crucifixion will be televised - stay tuned.

--
Dave Mack
Voice of the anti-BIFF Task Force