[net.sf-lovers] answer to 2 Heinlein questions

@RUTGERS.ARPA,@SRI-CSL:eyal%wisdom.bitnet@WISCVM.ARPA (04/20/85)

From: Eyal mozes  <eyal%wisdom.bitnet@WISCVM.ARPA>

> One character there that I couldn't
> recognize was the dragon, Sir Isaac Newton. Anybody know where this
> one came from??

Well, I must admit that I never read TNOTB, but Sir Isaac Newton sounds
like an obvious reference to a dragon character in one of Heinlein's
best juveniles - "Between Planets".

> BTW, can anyone tell me the name of the short story that has Andrew
> Jackson Libby in it? It tells about his early days in some space
> navy. His phenomenal mathematical ability is first noticed.

The story is called "Misfit", and it appears in the collection "Revolt
in 2100". The story was written much earlier than "Methuselah's
Children", and there isn't the slightest hint in it about the existence
of the Families or about Libby's being one of them.

        Eyal Mozes

        BITNET:                         eyal@wisdom
        CSNET and ARPA:                 eyal%wisdom.bitnet@wiscvm.ARPA
        UUCP:                           ..!decvax!humus!wisdom!eyal