[talk.bizarre] IFF 8SVX chunk "SEQN" meaning?

 kdarling@hobbes.ncsu.edu (Kevin Darling) writes:

> Aha! It all made sense once it hit me that the BODY data was was
> Fibonacci-encoded... the first I'd run across.

> The SEQN chunk looks to be a simple set of start/end longword offsets
> into the decoded sound data, allowing for re-use of any sections as
> needed... and naturally, extending the playing time.

> Thanks for bearing with me! - kevin <kdarling@catt.ncsu.edu>

> PS: and Kent, I guess this shoulda been in .audio??

Geez, I can see it now: mothers telling their little children before
they put them to bed: "Now you'd better post in the right newsgroup,
or the big bad Kent monster will get you."

Seriously, when a topic crosses two disciplines, as, here, .audio and
.programming, I don't think it is in anybody's interest to see the
choice of newsgroups micromanaged. I'm hoping to see unnecessary
crossposting among the comp.sys.amiga.* groups minimized, because of the
grief it causes folks who run email gateways, and also to those running
AmigaUUCP, without links in the 1.3 environment, both causing real
duplication of postings.

I'm also trying to cut down on the blatant mispostings, such as the
continued cross-platform flamewars outside of .advocacy, and for sale
ads outside of .marketplace (and .games for games), nuisances we did the
reorganization in part to abate.

Overall, though, I've never been in good enough shape to godfather this
hierarchy, so you all have to be self policing and on your best posting
behavior. You're still allowed to scare the kids into bed in my name,
of course. ;-)

                                                           /// It's Amiga
                                                          /// for me:  why
Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
<xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?
--
Convener, COMPLETED comp.sys.amiga grand reorganization.
        Official grump of comp.sys.amiga.*.