[talk.origins] Reply to Mike Bushnell - Evidence for Evolution

gsmith@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU.UUCP (10/30/87)

In article <1208@vaxwaller.UUCP> brian@vaxwaller.UUCP (Bob Haggerty) writes:

>Please allow me to interject a bit of info that might strike you funny
>if you are not a christian.

  It will probably strike people as funny if they know any
physics, whatever their religious beliefs.

>It is commonly accepted by the physics community that atoms are
>composed of a proton filled nucleus orbitted by electrons.

  Not exactly.

>So why is it that the negative electrons don't collapse into the
>positive nucleus, or why the positive nucleus doesn't break itself apart?

  So why is it that you don't find out what scientists have to
say on this, instead of using it to make a moronic,
anti-scientific and utterly worthless point? Do you enjoy proving to
the Usenet community that you are an ignoramus and an ass?

  Having said this, the answer briefly is that the nucleus is
held together by forces you are convieniently ignoring, and the
electron does not collapse for quantum mechanical reasons.
Calculate its wavelength, or think about the implications of the
Heisenberg principle.

>It appears to me that the scientific community as a whole can't get their
>stories straight.

  It appears to me you are either pulling our collective leg, or
you are such a nit-wit you should be ashamed to post at all.

>This would lead me to suspect any conclusions reached by any scientific
>research, especially concerning evolution.

  Who cares *what* you think? Your opinions on ANYTHING,
including the chances of the 'Niners getting in the superbowl,
are probably utterly worthless; and in any case, are irrelevent
unless backed up by knowledge of your subject matter and a
modicum of intelligence.

>You want facts about creationism?  Read the Bible (past genesis, too)

  You are the best evidence I've seen lately that we *must* be
related to the apes, Bonzo-brain. Go have a banana and let us
humans duke it out.

ucbvax!garnet!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/Brahmsgangster/Berkeley CA 94720
                 "Your notation sucks!"  Serge Lang