[talk.religion.misc] Brother Jed's travels: a survey

alan@cae780.UUCP (09/16/86)

In article <2707@rsch.WISC.EDU> dave@rsch.wisc.edu (Dave Cohrs) writes:
>What?  You mean Brother Jed and family have left Madison?  Damn!
>Oops, sorry, I mean darn!

Has anybody taken a survey of what campuses he has been to?  If so, add:

Univ. of California, Berkeley (no explanation needed)
Univ. of California, Riverside (nothing else to do there but watch his show)
--
                                             Alan Steinberg
                                             textronix!cae780!alan

Helllp, Mr. Wizarrrrd!  I don't want to be a programmer anymore!

tgt@cbosgd.UUCP (Tim Thompson) (09/19/86)

In article <2698@cae780.UUCP>, alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) writes:
> Has anybody taken a survey of what campuses he has been to?  If so, add:
>
> Univ. of California, Berkeley (no explanation needed)
> Univ. of California, Riverside (nothing else to do there but watch his show)
> --
>                                              Alan Steinberg

For the survey's sake, please add Ohio University in Athens, Ohio as one of
Brother Jed's stopping points.

(Please do not confuse it with Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio!!!!!)

--
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Timothy G. Thompson           AT&T Network Systems             Columbus, Ohio

andres@ut-sally.UUCP (Bennett Andres) (09/22/86)

I've seen this guy at the U. of Houston,in'80 and '81,and here.Back then he
was calling everybody "you miserable wretch".Cindy told us all about Jesus'
manly muscles (carpentry,you know).Amazing that this guy hasn't stroked out
yet.Will we all burrrrn in eternal FIIRRrre for this?

vizard@dartvax.UUCP (Todd Krein) (09/22/86)

> In article <2707@rsch.WISC.EDU> dave@rsch.wisc.edu (Dave Cohrs) writes:
> >What?  You mean Brother Jed and family have left Madison?  Damn!
> >Oops, sorry, I mean darn!
>
> Has anybody taken a survey of what campuses he has been to?  If so, add:
>
> Univ. of California, Berkeley (no explanation needed)
> Univ. of California, Riverside (nothing else to do there but watch his show)
> --
>                                              Alan Steinberg
>                                              textronix!cae780!alan
>
> Helllp, Mr. Wizarrrrd!  I don't want to be a programmer anymore!

	He's been to Dartmouth College with his godly helpers also..

		Todd Krein
		vizard@dartvax

speegle@im4u.UUCP (Greg Speegle) (09/22/86)

In article <5761@ut-sally.UUCP>, andres@ut-sally.UUCP (Bennett Andres) writes:
> I've seen this guy at the U. of Houston,in'80 and '81,and here.

About the same time, maybe a little later, Brother Jed and crew went to
Baylor University, which is supported by the Southern Baptists. At Baylor,
Jed was taken VERY seriously by some of the students, who even claimed Jed
was a false prophet and was doomed to hell. Jed didn't like that very much.

One day, one of Jed's crew, (probably Sister Cindy, but I'm not sure) was hit
in the face with a pie. As she wiped the pie from her eyes she exclaimed, "I
am going to heaven, for I've become a martyr for the Lord!"

Oh well, it was funny at the time.

Greg Speegle                                     speegle@ut-sally.UUCP
                                      {ihnp4,gatech,seismo}!ut-sally!speegle

byee@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Bennet Yee) (09/23/86)

Another point to add to the Brother Jed's visitation list:  Oregon
State University.  Twice during the period that I was there (5 yrs)....
Does this mean that OSU is more of a hot-bed of carnal lust than other
schools?  ;-)  BTW, since Alan Steinberg (tektronix!cae780!alan) asked
for a survey, is he volunteering to collect the statistics?  C'mon
Alan....

	Bennet

--

Bennet Yee							~   ~
								O   =

tyg@lll-crg.ARpA (Tom Galloway) (09/24/86)

Add UNC-CH, Wake Forest, and Michigan State to the list.

His best line at UNC was:
"I know what you do in the bathroom with those copies of Playboy, you filthy
little masturbators!"

tyg

mrl@oddjob.UUCP (Scott R. Anderson) (09/24/86)

In article <7@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu> byee@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Bennet Yee) writes:
>Another point to add to the Brother Jed's visitation list:  Oregon
>State University.  Twice during the period that I was there (5 yrs)....
>Does this mean that OSU is more of a hot-bed of carnal lust than other
>schools?  ;-)

I'm afraid not; I guess you didn't pick up on it from the other postings,
but Brother Jed's been coming to UW-Madison every year now for at least
nine or ten years (I remember seeing him back in 1976-77).

>...is he volunteering to collect the statistics?  C'mon Alan....

Maybe he should also keep track of Brother Jed's best-loved schools
(as in God's love for sinners, you heathens! :-).
--

*
  *       *                                   Scott Anderson

blevins@mcnc.UUCP (Donald W. Blevins Jr.) (09/24/86)

In article <2607@cbosgd.UUCP> tgt@cbosgd.UUCP (Tim Thompson) writes:
>In article <2698@cae780.UUCP>, alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) writes:
>> Has anybody taken a survey of what campuses he has been to?  If so, add:
>>
>> Univ. of California, Berkeley (no explanation needed)
>> Univ. of California, Riverside (nothing else to do there but watch his show)
>> --
>>                                              Alan Steinberg

Add University of Kentucky as well. Also, let's not forget Sister ("Disco")
Cindy, who tempted Him during His holy time of abstinence.

					Don Blevins

"That's OK officer, no need for the escort . . ."

elkan@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Charles Elkan) (09/24/86)

Brother Jed was at Stanford earlier this year, with Cindy.
He stayed a few days, and made the cover of the Daily.
I got the impression that he has mellowed.  Although he was
still consigning people to fire and brimstone freely, most
of the time he smiled and he was willing to argue with hecklers.
Cindy was much more dour.

Charles

cc100jr@gitpyr.UUCP (Joel Rives) (09/24/86)

I have seen Bro Jed & Sister Cindy entertaining the crowds of fraternity
and sorority folk at both the University of Georgia in Athens and the
Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.

--
                                               Joel Rives
                                               gatech!gitpyr!cc100jr

{ * }-------{ * }-------{ * }-------{ * }-------{ * }-------{ ^ }-------{ * }

              There is no place to seek the mind;
                It is like the footprints of the birds in the sky.

{ * }-------{ * }-------{ * }-------{ * }--------{ * }-------{ * }-------{ * }

za56@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Brian McNeill) (09/25/86)

In article <2698@cae780.UUCP> alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) writes:
>In article <2707@rsch.WISC.EDU> dave@rsch.wisc.edu (Dave Cohrs) writes:
>>What?  You mean Brother Jed and family have left Madison?  Damn!
>>Oops, sorry, I mean darn!
>
>Has anybody taken a survey of what campuses he has been to?  If so, add:
>
>Univ. of California, Berkeley (no explanation needed)
>Univ. of California, Riverside (nothing else to do there but watch his show)
>--

And Univ. California, San Diego and Los Angeles

Brian McNeill
HASA 'A' Division    (za56@sdcc3.ucsd.edu)

olguin@dartvax.UUCP (Karl Olguin) (10/03/86)

All of this talk on the net about Bro. Jed got me to wondering,, "Whoo is
this guy?"  Suonds like a real ball.  Well, I found out who he was when
I was walking across the green here in Hanover and there was aa huge group
of people inn the center.  As I got closer,  I began to here rather intense
insults being flung aat the crowd who was laughinng hysterically.  It was
in fact the Brother Jed which you all have been talking about.  I was
rather impressed with the way he and Sister Pat stood there aand took all
of that abuse.  I was impressed ennough to ask him for a copy of his book
called,"Who will Rise Up" which he very graciously autographed.  So, any of
you who are wondering if Bro. Jed is alive and well, he is, and is taking a
lot of abuse for it.

now for my joke:

**OFFENSIVE TO HOMOSEXUALS**

I WARNED YOU "GUYS"

HERE GOES! LAST CHANCE!!!

Well, it seems as though these three roughnecks were having a bit of a spat
in the local bar as to who had the longest member.  The bartender, having
been the mediator of many of these arguments, was rather tired of hearing
them argue so he told them all to lay their dicks out on the bar and he
would decide who in fact deserved to win the argument.  They all agreed
and not a second after they had all put their dicks on the bar when this
flaming homo walks in the door and goes "OOOOOHHH!!!!".  The bartender looks at him and say,"What
the hell do YOU want???" to which the fag replies:

 "Well, I was going to have a White Russian, but now I think I will just
 have the buffet!!!"