[talk.religion.misc] Definition of HASA and SASA

harry@uw-atm.UUCP (Harry Edmon) (10/08/86)

As one entering late into the fray, I would like to know what HASA and
SASA are.
--
     Harry Edmon                         UUCP:   uw-beaver!geops!uw-atm!harry
     (206) 543-0547                      BITNET: 24440@UWACDC

cc@ucla-cs.UUCP (10/10/86)

In article <32@uw-atm.UUCP> harry@uw-atm.UUCP (Harry Edmon) writes:
>As one entering late into the fray, I would like to know what HASA and
>SASA are.

Funny you should ask, Harry... Just recently an explanation was posted,
but with the new semester and group reorganization I might as well
repost parts of it:

=====
HASA -- Heathen and Atheist SCUM Alliance, open for membership to anyone
who feels they qualify.

(Inspired by Mikki's comment after a long 3-way flame war between her,
 Glenn Thain and me, "It's nice to know that us, heathen and atheistic SCUM
 can agree on something". "SCUM" was kept in upper case)

Original (founding) members:
	Mikki Barry	-- Heathen SCUM
	Glenn Thain	-- Heathen SCUM, "S" division commander
	Oleg Kiselev  	-- Atheist SCUM (that's me! :-)

Since then, we have had at least 20 people join in: atheists, pagans of
all flavors, agnostics, New Age Christians, people who have their own
ideas about gods and spirituality and who can be called "heathen scum"
by the fanatics of any sort, in this group -- mostly fundamentalists Christians
and the like.

EVERYONE is invited to join and/or show their support! Join now and get a
	10% discount on Nirvana 8-).

Please announce your solidarity with us via the net (publicly) or in
private (e-mail). Unfortunately, currently I am an account-less non-entity,
so I can no longer keep a list of our membership (;-), so maybe Mikki
or Glenn wil want to take it over?

REQUIREMENTS: a brain, an independent oppinion, integrity; sense of humor
	is desirable; willingness to stand up for your beliefs and, MOST
	IMPORTANT, an OPEN MIND are essential.

DUES:	A posting every once in a while that expresses YOUR points of view
	and YOUR opinions.

BENEFITS: That good feeling you get when you know that you belong.

RESTRICTIONS: Ray Frank is EXPRESSEDLY denied membership in HASA due to
	lack of ALL of the above prerequesites.

					Oleg Kiselev
					HASA, "A" division founding member.