[talk.philosophy.misc] arguing about what is a fallacy

colonel@sunybcs.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) (10/08/86)

In article <13009@kestrel.ARPA>, ladkin@kestrel.ARPA (Peter Ladkin) writes:
> In article <746@ihlpf.UUCP>, cher@ihlpf.UUCP (Mike Cherepov) writes:
  . . .
> > I just used a meaning of a word as it is listed in rather popular
> > dictionary (AH, 1982, Dell paperback), you chose to nitpick and
> > raise a big stink - I don't mind as long as I am not the target.
>
> I can see that insolence is your forte. I am less convinced that
> you value either consistency or care in your postings.

There is a lesson for all of us from this exchange: philosophy is a
human activity.  However much we talk about ideas and abstractions,
what matters most in our lives is how we feel about one another.
I hope that the people in this group will go on expressing their
emotions towards one another, because that is the living truth.

Eventually it would be nice if this group were to merge with soc.singles ... |-]
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
UU: ...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel