[talk.philosophy.misc] Papal bull about infinity

gsmith@garnet.berkeley.edu (Gene W. Smith) (12/03/88)

In article <1923@garth.UUCP>, smryan@garth (Steven Ryan) writes:

>Without wanting to start a jihad, but in most math and computer
>science, there is a real attempt to avoid the word `infinity' and
>`infinite' really is restricted to `infinite set.'

  I don't know about computer science, but the Pope already told
you that you are wrong wrong wrong-o about mathematics, and gave
examples. If you can't trust the Pope, whom can you trust?
--
ucbvax!garnet!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
Logicians are apt to call this an *argumentum ad hominem*.  Quite so: ..