[talk.philosophy.misc] Thinking about the reduction of Entropy.

rayt@cognos.UUCP (R.) (04/14/89)

In article <5778@watdcsu.waterloo.edu> SINGH S writes:

>Oh come on. No intelligent species would consciously take self-destruction
>as a goal. It is just a consequence of it being more complex that it
>is less efficient.

Curiously, I see the entire human endeavour toward increased capability
and knowledge as just this drive toward self destruction - the destruction
of the self as it exists now; that is, a transcendence. There are even
those who consider the destruction of the ego (perhaps more a shifting
of its dominance) as a (necessary) stage in human development. This, though,
is getting somewhat far from AI, so I suggest that any followups go to
Talk.philosophy.misc.

						R.
--
Ray Tigg                          |  Cognos Incorporated
                                  |  P.O. Box 9707
(613) 738-1338 x5013              |  3755 Riverside Dr.
UUCP: rayt@cognos.uucp            |  Ottawa, Ontario CANADA K1G 3Z4