[talk.politics.misc] Opinion on Arms Treaties

janw@inmet.UUCP (09/10/86)

A Penn-Schoen poll, released by the Committee on the Present
Danger, contains the following:

    Approve Reagan's decision to bury
    Salt II						: 70%

    Believe the USSR violate the existing
    arms-control agreements				: 69%

    Believe the USSR cannot be trusted to abide
    by any new agreement				: 68%

    Believe Gorbachev is neither more nor less
    trustworthy than previous Soviet leaders		: 53%

My opinion: they are right.

brkirby@watdragon.UUCP (Bruce Kirby) (09/11/86)

In article <7802351@inmet> janw@inmet.UUCP writes:

>A Penn-Schoen poll, released by the Committee on the Present
>Danger, contains the following:
>
>    Approve Reagan's decision to bury
>    Salt II						: 70%
>
>    Believe the USSR violate the existing
>    arms-control agreements				: 69%
>
>    Believe the USSR cannot be trusted to abide
>    by any new agreement				: 68%
>
>    Believe Gorbachev is neither more nor less
>    trustworthy than previous Soviet leaders		: 53%
>

>My opinion: they are right.

Who is right?  The people conducting the poll, the people in the majority
result of the poll, or the USSR?

											Bruce Kirby
	Of all the stupid things I could have thought, this was the worst.
			-- Joe Jackson "Hometown"
CSNET:	brkirby@waterloo.csnet
UUCP: 	{decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra}!watmath!watdragon!brkirby