[talk.politics.misc] hypocritical liberal-bashing bozo bastard

oaf@mit-vax.UUCP (Oded Feingold) (09/24/86)

>The seat belt example was simply a handy, real-life example of this.
>Faced with an increase in the number of traffic deaths (~Y), a local
>radio personality simply declared that even more people would have
>died without the law, thereby "proving" the assertion.
		    ------------------------------
    Fine.  No argument.

>This style of argumentation is being used with alarming frequency by
>self-proclaimed liberals (ie. the "I'm a LIBERAL and I'm proud of it"
>set).
		    ------------------------------
    But only by them, right?  How's our state of emergency wrt Nicara-
gua going these days?

    BOZO.
--
Oded A. Feingold   MIT AI Lab  545 Tech Square  Cambridge, Mass. 02139
{allegra|ihnp4!mit-eddie}!mit-vax!oaf  OAF@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU  617-253-8598

asgard@well.UUCP (J. R. Stoner) (09/28/86)

In article <765@mit-vax.UUCP> oaf@mit-vax.UUCP (Oded Feingold) writes:

[It does matter what Oded wrote in this context, except that he responded
to somebody who insisted that argumentation be conducted with some honesty]

>    Fine.  No argument.

>>This style of argumentation is being used with alarming frequency by
>>self-proclaimed liberals (ie. the "I'm a LIBERAL and I'm proud of it"
>>set).

>    But only by them, right?  How's our state of emergency wrt Nicara-
>gua going these days?
>
>    BOZO.
>--

I think you should be more careful when you respond in such an ugly and
improper fashion, rather than employing mirror-type arguments.

I also believeyou should check the current situation.  It is misleading when
you say there is a state of emergency, unless there is a DECLARED emergency
I will not accept anything else you say.  WRT to CA I tend to beleive my
grandparents, who are living right there, and are fluent in Spanish, there-
fore able to get the most reliable news about Nicaragua (the newspapers in
Costa Rica are professional, independant, and usually free of the gratuitous
extremist tripe, like Feingold's).  They live about 100 miles from the border
and have been sending me contemporaneous reports regularly.
I apoligize for going off on this silly tangent, but I take great exception
to the flatant lies about what is going on in Central America, which can
be misinterpreted by some trigger-happy psychopaths, and placing my family
in direct jeapordy.

[BOZO monitor squad]

>Oded A. Feingold   MIT AI Lab  545 Tech Square  Cambridge, Mass. 02139
>{allegra|ihnp4!mit-eddie}!mit-vax!oaf  OAF@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU  617-253-8598

--
From the manic ravings of J. R. (May the farce be with you) Stoner