[talk.politics.misc] Congress considering changes to Daylight Savings

roger@celtics.UUCP (Roger B.A. Klorese) (11/16/87)

In article <1987Nov13.213920.14998@sq.uucp> msb@sq.UUCP (Mark Brader) writes:

>What *I* want to know is why the people operating the polls can't simply
>be required to keep the counts confidential until the last poll has closed
>in the last time zone.

The problem is not with the *official* results; these could be restricted
from release easily.  The problem is with the news media calling election
results based on exit polls and other "research".  People have conceded
elections before one real vote count was released...
--
 ///==\\   (Your message here...)
///        Roger B.A. Klorese - CELERITY (Northeast Area)