[talk.politics.misc] order your nuclear war before midnight tonight !!

eli@bbn.com (Steve Elias) (03/16/88)

In article <3800@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> jfc@athena.mit.edu (John F Carr) writes:

>I think Steve Elias' article demonstrates my point well: we tend to be
>indoctrinated with the belief that if nuclear weapons are used, everyone
>will die.  Few can think rationally about nuclear strategy, so we see
>such instinctive reactions to the suggestion that anyone would consider
>use of nuclear weapons.

	what bull.  high horsemanship at its finest.

	i'm not indoctrinated with any of the ideas you mention above.
	i said nothing about 'everyone will die', and my reaction had
	nothing to do with considerations about using nuclear weapons.

	it is your attitude towards your own intellect and that of others
	i find "instinctively" offensive.

	congratulations on being one of the few rational thinkers out
	there, John.  "oh what a feeling" it must be.