[net.sf-lovers] Next Star Wars Movie

mike@dolqci.UUCP (Mike Stalnaker) (04/27/85)

 {{{ Sacrifical line-eater line }}}

	Has anybody heard anything about this??? Lucas is being very
quiet again.  Seems like every time that guy clams up, there's another
project in the works.  I've heard that he's planning all 3 of the first
episodes (the prequel) as one movie... Any ideas?

--

  Mike Stalnaker  UUCP:{decvax!grendel,cbosgd!seismo}!dolqci!mike
		  AT&T:202-376-2593

		  "You can have peace, or you can have freedom.
		   Never count on having both at the same time."
						-Lazarus Long.

chuqui@nsc.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) (04/29/85)

In article <305@dolqci.UUCP> mike@dolqci.UUCP (Mike Stalnaker) writes:

>	Has anybody heard anything about this??? Lucas is being very
>quiet again.  Seems like every time that guy clams up, there's another
>project in the works.  I've heard that he's planning all 3 of the first
>episodes (the prequel) as one movie... Any ideas?

The last I heard, Lucas was working with the people at Disney putting
together a project that would convert Tomorrowland into a Star Wars like
theme area. I don't know if this has been finalized, but since it looks to
me like the LAST thing Walt would have considered, the existing management
structure will probably go for it full speed ahead. Not putting Lucas down,
but R2D2 is NOT Mickey Mouse, no matter how short it is....
--
:From the closet of anxieties of:                 Chuq Von Rospach
{cbosgd,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!chuqui   nsc!chuqui@decwrl.ARPA

Remember me, for that which I must do shall ring out upon the heavens and
my name shall be renounced by the tongues of all mankind! - J. Iscariot

davidl@orca.UUCP (David Levine) (04/29/85)

Here's the latest inside info on Lucasfilm's current activities:

o	Lucasfilm is doing a ride or rides for Disneyland/world.  This is the
	first time Disney has let anybody else do anything at their theme
	parks.

o	There is some sort of collaboration afoot between Lucas and Henson
	Associates (the Muppet folks).  More details exist, but I don't have
	them at the moment.  (There may be info on this in the Star Wars Fan
	Club bulletin).

o	The current project at Lucasfilm is a new Ewok special.  "This time,"
	promises Maureen Garrett of the Star Wars Fan Club, "we'll have a
	real plot!"

o	ILM is keeping busy with the special effects of virtually every
	Hollywood project with any money to spend.  I've heard rumors of a film
	of "Bug Jack Barron," but the chances of that seem slim.  Right now ILM
	is building Ewoks.

o	Lucasfilm's Computer Division is becoming a separate company.
	Apparently, they were spending too much money (the short "Andre & Wally
	B." cost about $22 million!).  They are about to release/have recently
	released two games for Atari computers (the old ones, not the ST):
	"Ballblazer" and "Rescue on Fractalus," both of which are NEAT.  Other
	games are in the works.

That's all I have.  These rumors are straight from the horse's mouth, but
they're still just rumors.

David D. Levine  (...decvax!tektronix!orca!davidl)          [UUCP]
                 (orca!davidl.tektronix@csnet-relay.csnet)  [ARPA]