[net.sf-lovers] Buckaroo Banzai theme music

@RUTGERS.ARPA:forwarder@CSNET-SH.ARPA (04/26/85)

From: obrien@CSNET-SH.ARPA

	Someone some days back claimed off-handedly that the closing
theme music to "Buckaroo Banzai" was from Dave Grusin's "Night-Lines"
album, specifically, the cut "Kitchen Dance".  Well, no.  Wrong, wrong,
wrong.  I just bought the album, and while it's similar music (in fact,
has the theme from "St. Elsewhere" on it), the BB theme music is nowhere
on it.  Does anyone out there have better information on where the theme
music may be found?

@RUTGERS.ARPA:jpa144@cit-vax (04/28/85)

From: jpa144@cit-vax (Jens Peter Alfke)

obrien@CSNET-SH writes:
> Someone some days back claimed off-handedly that the closing theme
> music to "Buckaroo Banzai" was from Dave Grusin's "Night-Lines"
> album . . . Well, no. . . the BB theme music is nowhere on it. Does
> anyone out there have better information on where the theme music
> may be found?

Having just [re]seen the movie last night (midnight show at the Rialto
in LA), I remember that Michael Boddicker was credited for the music.
I didn't notice any other music credits, and the end theme is certainly
similar to the other music in the film.  I've heard of Boddicer before;
a quick check reveals that he played synthesizer on Rickie Lee Jones'
first album.  If there really isn't a BB soundtrack album (I find this
hard to believe, although I haven't looked), I would suggest looking
in the Jazz or Electronic section of any finer record store . . .

					--Peter Alfke  [jpa144@cit-vax]

PS: Has anyone heard anything about a sequel?
PPS: A lesser-known Caltech tradition is that those cannon-shell-shaped
     metal cones sometimes found at the corners of buildings are really
     space aliens in a pupa state, and that they must be regularly
     kicked to disrupt the growth of the alien inside and prevent it
     from emerging to wreak havoc.  Well, in the Red Lectroids' nest
     the things were all over the place (albeit the entire cone, not
     just 3/4 of it).  I am severely freaked out.  Does anyone else
     know about this legend, or what the cones were doing in the nest?

gnome@olivee.UUCP (Gary Traveis) (04/30/85)

> 	Someone some days back claimed off-handedly that the closing
> theme music to "Buckaroo Banzai" was from Dave Grusin's "Night-Lines"...
> Wrong!

Well, there isn't a soundtrack album available yet, but the Official
Buckaroo Banzi Fan Club is now up and running.  If you want to help
get the ball rolling on a soundtrack album, drop a line to...

Banzai Institute
c/o Diane Wilke
20th Century Fox
box 900
Beverly Hills, CA 90213

This is an old virtual address (the only one I have in the system
at the moment).  If need be, I can look up the most recent data for
you.

"The Future Starts Tomorrow..."
				YoYoDyne Slogan

Gary