[net.sf-lovers] "There Will Come Soft Rains"

@RUTGERS.ARPA:phil@rice.ARPA (04/28/85)

From: William LeFebvre <phil@rice.ARPA>

The Bradbury story "There Will Come Soft Rains" is indeed about an
automated house that continued to operate after a nuclear holocaust.
It IS one of the stories in the "The Martian Chronicles".  It is also
the only one that I remember the title for---the story had a very
profound impact on me.

                                William LeFebvre
				Department of Computer Science
				Rice University
                                <phil@Rice.arpa>

gnome@olivee.UUCP (Gary Traveis) (04/30/85)

> From: William LeFebvre <phil@rice.ARPA>
>
> The Bradbury story "There Will Come Soft Rains" is indeed about an
> automated house that continued to operate after a nuclear holocaust.
> It IS one of the stories in the "The Martian Chronicles".  It is also
> the only one that I remember the title for---the story had a very
> profound impact on me.
>
>                                 William LeFebvre
> 				Department of Computer Science
> 				Rice University
>                                 <phil@Rice.arpa>

Thanks for all the answers to my original question about the automated
house.  A bit of nostalgia hit, and, well, I just had to know...

One odd side note, I read it in it's short-story form as a class
assignment in (of all places) Catholic church-school many many many
years ago.  (Funny, I never did see that particular priest after that)

Gary