[talk.rumors] Maxwell House Slogan

smdev@csustan.UUCP (Scott Hazen Mueller) (09/09/86)

In article <> hoffman@hdsvx1.UUCP writes:
> On the table is a scrap of paper with the words
>"Good to the Last Drop."  I remember this as the old Maxwell House slogan.
> Was this ever officially the Coke slogan?  When did Maxwell start
>using it?
>--
> Richard Hoffman

This one I know.  It was always a Maxwell House slogan.  It originated with
Theodore Roosevelt (that's right, the President) way back when.  Old TR was
always a colorful sort... Once, when he was out hunting, he and his companions
came across a bear caught in a beartrap.  He refused to kill this bear and the
story made the newspapers.  Shortly after, a shopkeeper who had a stuffed
bear for sale put the bear in his window with a sign "Teddy's Bear".  Instant
hit...
                          \scott
--
Scott Hazen Mueller                         lll-crg.arpa!csustan!smdev
City of Turlock                             work:  (209) 668-5590 -or- 5628