[talk.rumors] Does Michael Jackson Seek the Fountain of Youth ??

jailbird@ihu1h.UUCP (Harvey) (09/22/86)

[ MUNCH! ] Needs a little Grey Poupon, but not bad...

Has anyone heard the rumor that Michael Jackson has some
device (some sort of oxygen concentrator) that is supposed to
slow the aging process? I know that he has had a nose job and a
clef put in his chin, so this wouldn't surprise me at all. Reminds
me of "Brazil." Any details???

Are all Jehovah's Witnesses this concerned with a youthful
appearence and longevity? Or just the ones less confident in
the news from the watchtowers? :-) Or maybe Michael was
disfellowshipped?

From postnews Thu Sep 18 15:57:11 1986
Subject: A test
Newsgroups: net.test

A Test.

From postnews Fri Sep 19 09:44:19 1986
Subject: Does Michael Jackson Seek the Fountain of Youth ??
Newsgroups: net.rumor,net.music

[ MUNCH! ] Needs a little Grey Poupon, but not bad...

Has anyone heard the rumor that Michael Jackson has some
device (some sort of oxygen concentrator) that is supposed to
slow the aging process? I know that he has had a nose job and a
clef put in his chin, so this wouldn't surprise me at all. Reminds
me of "Brazil." Any details???

Are all Jehovah's Witnesses this concerned with a youthful
appearence and longevity? Or just the ones less confident in
the news from the watchtowers?  I have heard that Michael was
disfellowshipped. Is this true?

smdev@csustan.UUCP (Scott Hazen Mueller) (09/23/86)

In article <> jailbird@ihu1h.UUCP (Harvey) writes:
>Has anyone heard the rumor that Michael Jackson has some
>device (some sort of oxygen concentrator) that is supposed to
>slow the aging process? I know that he has had a nose job and a
>clef put in his chin, so this wouldn't surprise me at all. Reminds
>me of "Brazil." Any details???

What I had heard was that Jackson had purchased a hyperbaric oxygen chamber.
This is something about the size and general configuration of a coffin (or
a science-fictional suspended-animation casket :-) that maintains an interior
atmosphere with an increased percentage of oxygen.  The article I saw included
a picture of Jackson in said chamber, fully dressed, and a quotation by a
(presumably) eminent medical expert stating that there was absolutely no
proof that aging would be slowed.  In addition, he stated that use of such a
device could be very dangerous, and was normally performed by specially
trained staff.  Also, he pointed out that the chamber is a potentially
serious fire hazard - especially if used while wearing normal clothing.
Patients receiving treatments are clothed in fire-resistant materials.  This
makes me wonder if Michael Jackson is going to do his own Richard Pryor act :->
                           \scott
--
Scott Hazen Mueller                         lll-crg.arpa!csustan!smdev
City of Turlock                             work:  (209) 668-5590 -or- 5628

marty@ism780c.UUCP (Marty Smith) (09/24/86)

In article <950@ihu1h.UUCP> jailbird@ihu1h.UUCP (Harvey) writes:

>Has anyone heard the rumor that Michael Jackson has some
>device (some sort of oxygen concentrator) that is supposed to
>slow the aging process?

Someone should tell Mike to put the other glove on.  Oxygen oxidizes.  It
doesn't retard the aging process; it accelerates it.

					Marty Smith

trb@ima.UUCP (Andrew Tannenbaum) (09/25/86)

I would think that if Michael Jackson wanted to preserve himself he
would sleep in formaldehyde, or machine oil, anything but oxygen.
I would think that sleeping in an oxygen chamber would hasten decay.
Rust never sleeps, you know.

	Andrew Tannenbaum   Interactive   Boston, MA   +1 617 247 1155