[net.sf-lovers] Juvenile story search

@RUTGERS.ARPA:Slocum.CSCDA@HI-MULTICS.ARPA (04/30/85)

From: Slocum@HI-MULTICS.ARPA

The books you describe about a planet that can only be seen with certain
lenses is "Mr.  Bass's Planetoid", and other books.  I don't remember
the author.  I was just thinking about these books while reading your
message.  strange coincidence.  What I remember about these books is Mr.
Bass who was a charming old man that some kids meet.  He shows them in
his telescope this strange little planetoid orbiting real close to
Earth.  Later on they travel there in a space ship.  It turns out that
Mr.  Bass is a native, I think.  I don't remember much about the place,
but I did enjoy them while in 5th Grade.  I seem to recall reading them
shortly after I started reading SF.  Probably after reading A Wrinkle in
Time by M.  L'engle, my favorite juvenile book.

Brett Slocum (arpa:  Slocum@HI-MULTICS) (UUCP:
...!ihnp4!umn-cs!hi-csc!slocum)

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong [DCS]) (05/01/85)

In article <1838@topaz.ARPA> @RUTGERS.ARPA:Slocum.CSCDA@HI-MULTICS.ARPA writes:
>From: Slocum@HI-MULTICS.ARPA
>
>The books you describe about a planet that can only be seen with certain
>lenses is "Mr.  Bass's Planetoid", and other books.  I don't remember
>the author.  I was just thinking about these books while reading your
>message.  strange coincidence.  What I remember about these books is Mr.
>Bass who was a charming old man that some kids meet.  He shows them in
>his telescope this strange little planetoid orbiting real close to
>Earth.  Later on they travel there in a space ship.  It turns out that
>Mr.  Bass is a native, I think.  I don't remember much about the place,
>but I did enjoy them while in 5th Grade.  I seem to recall reading them
>shortly after I started reading SF.  Probably after reading A Wrinkle in
>Time by M.  L'engle, my favorite juvenile book.
>
>Brett Slocum (arpa:  Slocum@HI-MULTICS) (UUCP:
>...!ihnp4!umn-cs!hi-csc!slocum)

hmmm.  i remember these as the "Mushroom Planet" books, of which i have only
seen two.  i still have them around somewhere.  either that or i gave them
to my little brother.

Herb Chong...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....