[mod.psi] mail.psi status

dobro@ulowell.UUCP (Gryphon) (07/25/86)

The mailing list that had previously existed, kinda still does.

See, we never managed to get all the bugs worked out of it before
we got word that MOD.PSI was approved.

Then I was concentrating my effort on getting the bugs worked out of here.

Now that this is running, the purpose of the mailing list is obsolete.

I am maintaining it. It is availaible to anyone who requests it.
But it is only going to be used in the event that we need to go undercover.
(Forgive my paranoia, but...)

BTW, when the new organization gets done, the name will be MISC.PSI
(at least it's not a TALK group). At this point, ut looks like it will
still be moderated, though I am trying to get that lifted.

So let's make a good show of this MOD group, and cross fingers...

I expect to be hearing from submitters...

							Gryphon

-------------------------------
Phone : (617) 937-0551
USMail: P.O.Box 8524, Lowell, Ma. 01853
Usenet: ...!{wanginst,masscomp,apollo}!ulowell!dobro
Disclaimer: I am simply a figment of my imagination,
	and can therefore not have and opinion.

"Far beyond human ability to classify, or comprehend..."

dobro@ulowell.UUCP (Gryphon) (07/30/86)

From #7 <592@ulowell.UUCP> by dobro@ulowell.UUCP (Gryphon):

>The mailing list exists...
>I am maintaining it. It is availaible to anyone who requests it.

I got a message from Topher Cooper today. He was upset that the mailing
list was going to be publically accessible. He is justified in his feelings
that careers, et al. could be jepardized with the attitude toward psi's
as it is.

I wish to make something understood: the list is not PUBLICALLY accessible.
It may be accessible to those people on it, subject to my approval of
their motives, reason's for wanting it, etc.

To make sure someone who want's it just won't subscribe so he/she can
get the list, I have kept a file of those who asked to be on it.
Only those who were on it BEFORE I posted the previous announcement will
be considered. And then, only those people I feel that could be trusted
with it.

If there is strong feeling one way of another, e-mail to me and
we'll se what happens.

							Gryphon

Phone : (617) 937-0551
USMail: P.O.Box 8524, Lowell, Ma. 01853
Usenet: ...!{wanginst,masscomp,apollo}!ulowell!dobro
Moderator: mod-psi@ulowell.UUCP
Disclaimer: I am simply a figment of my imagination,
	and can therefore not have ad opinion.

"Far beyond human ability to classify, or comprehend..."