[net.sf-lovers] pronunciation of Bode

@RUTGERS.ARPA:Slocum.CSCDA@HI-MULTICS.ARPA (04/29/85)

From: Slocum@HI-MULTICS.ARPA

In a digital control systems class I took a couple years ago, I used a
graph that was called a Bode Diagram or Bode Plot.  This was pronounced
Boe'-dee, which rhymes with Motie and grody and Cody.  This is perhaps
the correct pronunciation of Vaughn Bode's name.

Brett Slocum

rfg@hound.UUCP (R.GRANTGES) (04/30/85)

[]
Would you believe Bod -uh
to rhyme with
abode -uh?

--

"It's the thought, if any, that counts!"  Dick Grantges  hound!rfg

brust@hyper.UUCP (Steven Brust) (05/03/85)

> From: Slocum@HI-MULTICS.ARPA
>
> In a digital control systems class I took a couple years ago, I used a
> graph that was called a Bode Diagram or Bode Plot.  This was pronounced
> Boe'-dee, which rhymes with Motie and grody and Cody.  This is perhaps
> the correct pronunciation of Vaughn Bode's name.
>
> Brett Slocum

A freind of mine, Fred Haskell, knew him, and Fred pronounces
the name as you describe (and, by the way, has some
great pictures of him).  On the other hand, there
is someone on the net who knows Mark, so...
		-- SKZB