[mod.music.gaffa] CBS=EVIL

Susanne@mit-eddie.UUCP (08/11/86)

>>Sue Trowbridge writes :

>>... Actually, Animal J.[Jesus] and Swami A. [Ananda Nagara] are both
>> Andy Partridge!

>     Actually, Swami Ananda Nagara is John Leckie (although Andy IS Animal
>Jesus).  Andy also produced a couple of tracks for Dr. and the Medics under
>the Animal Jesus name (welll before they became popular, don't worry...)

I stand corrected...I shall duly chew out the person who told me this
mistruth.  Embarrassment.  I should know everything about the
Woodentops!

>     The Housemartins' album 'London 0 Hull 4' is fantastic - buy it.

I agree!  Cheerful and fun and they're the Jesus & Mary Chain's least
favorite group.  What more do you need?!

>     CBS records should be releasing both The The's 'Sweet Bird Of Liberty'
>and Bill Nelson's 'Getting The Holy Ghost Across' (under a different title)
>domestically at some point this month.  Of course, the imports have already
>been out for months - but why should American audiences care how long they
>have to wait for stuff to be released?

CBS records are an EVIL CONGLOMERATE.  Just try to get a copy of the
Woodentops' "Giant," and chances are you won't be able to get your hands
on one for love or money.  I managed to get an advance cassette around
the 10th of last month (it was released in the U.K. around the 1st of
July), and finally got my friendly record dealer to special order me one
from England after much bothering, which I got last week.  Anyway, the
reason it was such a fuss was that CBS has BANNED the import of this
fine LP from our shores.  Note that "Giant" won't be released in this
country 'til later this month, if it comes out on schedule.

As for The The's single, I haven't seen many copies of that floating
around, and it took me about 3 weeks to get Bill Nelson's LP when that
came out.  These parallel import bans are SCARY, folks.  They might
lead to bigger-type import bans.  Who needs The Wedding Present,
Bogshed, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Anna Domino, etc. when you can BUY
HOMEGROWN CBS PRODUCT like Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, etc.?
Besides, CBS cut off WJHU's service,
and now their subsidiaries (i.e. 415, Def Jam) keep calling me and
asking why we're not playing their records...BOYCOTT!!!!

>                                   Space Antlers,
>                                   -Peter E. Lee

Peter, you've got amazingly excellent taste.  I am sorry for the
outburst, but I tend to get passionate about stuff like this.

Sue Trowbridge

"Now I know how Joan of Arc felt
 as the flames rose to her roman nose
 and her walkman started to melt"  - Morrissey

arpa  : ins_aset%jhunix.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
uucp  : ...{ihnp4!whuxcc | seismo!umcp-cs | allegra!hopkins} jhunix!ins_aset
(or)  : ...decvax!decuac!aplvax!aplcen!jhunix!ins_aset