[net.sf-lovers] Why Beelzebub speaks old English

@RUTGERS.ARPA:ZELLICH@SRI-NIC.ARPA (05/02/85)

From: Rich Zellich <ZELLICH@SRI-NIC.ARPA>

Personally, I assumed it was just so the author could use the "Milord, get
thee..." line (I'm trying not to introduce a spoiler here).  How 'bout it
SKZB?  Care to enlighten us (I'd have asked you at Minicon, but I had just
purchased the book and didn't read it until 2 days later)?
-------

brust@hyper.UUCP (Steven Brust) (05/06/85)

> From: Rich Zellich <ZELLICH@SRI-NIC.ARPA>
>
> Personally, I assumed it was just so the author could use the "Milord, get
> thee..." line (I'm trying not to introduce a spoiler here).  How 'bout it
> SKZB?  Care to enlighten us (I'd have asked you at Minicon, but I had just
> purchased the book and didn't read it until 2 days later)?
> -------

I wondered if anyone would think that, but no.  That line was
added at the last possible minute, right before
the ms was turned over to the printer.

I same to have a habit of doing that.  The
first line in YENDI about the newt was put in
at the beginning, but the second reference to
it, toward the end of the book, was called in
to Terri Windling just before the book went
into page proofs.

		-- SKZB