[mod.music.gaffa] XTC redux...

ins_aset@jhunix.UUCP (09/05/86)

I sent this yesterday and put the wrong address on it.  Oops.  Let's
try again, folks...
>From: Susanne E Trowbridge <umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_aset@seismo.CSS.GOV>
>Subject:  XTC/James

>Well, I finally went out and bought some brand new records, including...
>drum roll)...the new XTC 12"!  It's entitled "Grass," ...
> (re: Dear God)
>Partridge comes in later, surrounded by majestic strings and brass...

For any potential nitpickers, the brass are on "Extrovert," and there
are only strings on "Dear God."  I noticed this while playing it this
morning as I was moussing my hair.  (hee hee)  Sorry 'bout that.

The parallel import ban has hit home once more!  My friendly independent
dealer, Howie at Music Machine, has been fined lotsa bucks for carrying
(gasp) CDs he bought in England earlier this summer, when those CDs are
available right from good ol' American companies like Warner Bros. and
(gag) CBS!  I was under the impression that CDs were still mostly
manufactured in Japan, so aren't all CDs imports?  Could somebody fill
me in?  Sob...I can't imagine life without imports!  F'rinstance, that
cool HOUSEMARTINS album I got in June is not being released here until
next month, and the TORCH SONG LP I was given last month is not getting
its domestic release 'til next year!!!  We're such a backward nation!

Long-overdue note -- if anybody wants to contact me via e-mail, make
sure you include a uucp address!!!  Things must sometimes take very
convoluted paths to make it to jhunix, and in many cases, dunno why,
the return address in the header is simply given as "f"!  (Hey, I'm
a writing seminars major.  What do I know about computers?)  Hi to
Rob@apollo and David Lechtenberg, in any case.
Sue Trowbridge
arpa  : ins_aset%jhunix.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
uucp  : ...{ihnp4!whuxcc | seismo!umcp-cs | allegra!hopkins} jhunix!ins_aset
(or)  : ...decvax!decuac!aplvax!aplcen!jhunix!ins_aset