[mod.music.gaffa] Kate-chism I.x.2 explained for the vulgate by the KognoscenTo

IED0DXM@UCLAMVS.BITNET (10/03/86)

>> Date: Wed, 1 Oct 86 01:43:52 EDT
>> From: nessus (Doug Alan)
>>
>> But I just won't settle for such heresy!!!!!  I WON'T.  This is not a
>> matter of debate.  This is a matter of undeniable religious FACT!
>> *The Dreaming* is the greatest album that ever was and that ever will
>> be.  Those who take *The Dreaming* as their personal saviour will
>> achieve eternal life.  Those who don't are doomed to eternal damnation
>> with a tape loop of "Dress You Up in My Love" playing!!!  Death to
>> heathen unbelievers!  Praise Kate!  Amen!  Amen!

>Thought this deserved a second posting.  I couldn't have said it better
>myself.
>Mark Kat(e)souros

>"My excitement turns into fright."

Subject: Kate-echism I.x.2
Extending the above metaphor while rebutting the ill-considered
opinions for which it has been used, IED posits the thesis that
if the records of Kate Bush are, collectively, the holy doctrine
of our civilization, then KBs I, II and III form the Prolegomena,
The Dreaming forms the Old Testament -- with its innovative ideology,
violence and relative primitivism -- and Hounds of Love and The Ninth
Wave constitute the New Testament -- a work of Light, and a beatific
expression of perfect Grace. (Bootlegs, of course, are the Apocrypha.)