[net.sf-lovers] The Dead and SF

@RUTGERS.ARPA:hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA (04/30/85)

From: "James B. Hofmann" (RAMD) <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>

Two recent messages on SF-LOVERS inspired me to write
with the news that the Dead will continue to be associated
with Science Fiction.  Seems they have been hired to
write the music for the upcoming Twilight Zone series.
This includes music for separate segments as well as
the theme music.

The Dead have been weaving Science Fiction themes into
their 'Space' sequence in the last few years.  I personally
have heard traces of 'Close Encounters' as well as
the original Twilight Zone theme.  Also their head guru, Mr.
Jerry Garcia provided the sound effects for
the baby robot in 'Heartbleeps(?)', definitely the high
point of the whole movie.  I would appreciate
 hearing any other comments on the relation
of the Dead with SF or for that matter any rock groups'
connection with SF.

brust@hyper.UUCP (Steven Brust) (05/03/85)

> From: "James B. Hofmann" (RAMD) <hofmann@AMSAA.ARPA>
>

> .........................  I would appreciate
>  hearing any other comments on the relation
> of the Dead with SF or for that matter any rock groups'
> connection with SF.

Well, it seems there will be a novel out at the
end of the year called BROKEDOWN PALACE.  Does
that count?
		-- SKZB

@RUTGERS.ARPA:GOOD@ACC (05/08/85)

From: Greg Goodknight <GOOD@ACC>

How can one overlook the animation at the beginning of
The Grateful Dead Movie? It starts with an astronaut plunking
a quarter into a giant 3D space pinball machine. Very cosmic
gameplay.

Maybe some money could be pried from some of NASA's lesser
projects to do a feasability study for the real thing.

		Greg Goodknight <good@ACC.ARPA>
		former Group Leader Engineer
		Design and Development
		Mattel Electronics