[mod.music.gaffa] Who *is* Foetus, anyway?

meyer@wwiii.UUCP (Mike Meyer) (10/24/86)

jharman@watarts.UUCP (James Harman) writes in net.music:

>	My vote for scariest album in my collection has got to be "Nail".
>Clint Ruin has got to be a little less than normal. Can anyone tell me
>about any of his other albums? I have "Calamity Crush" and when I'm
>in a charitable mood I refer to it as Foetal Funk (Funky Foetus?)
>but I can't say that it's quite on the same level as "Nail".
>	I can't seem to find any other albums in this area (anyone for
>a tape-fest?) although I did see "Foetus On Your Breath" in T.O. Can
>anyone tell about a rumored box set?

I agree that "Nail" is scary.  I have never seen any Foetus records at
my local stores (which means I should shop elsewhere), but my local
schlock-top-40 store actually had the *CD* of "Nail".  I took a wild
stab, and got it -- intense, scary, death-obsessed stuff that sounds
*striking*. Ruin is a great producer, mixing the feel of Wagner with
the "Mission Impossible" theme and many other influences to great
effect.

If any of you mod.music-gaffa-hounds are slumming in this group, could
you fill us in on Clint Ruin/Jim Foetus and grace us with your
comments on the other Foetus releases. ("Foetus On Your Breath",
"Foetus Uber Alles", etc.)  I bet Greg Earle or Doug Alan could fill
us in a bit...

Mike
--
Mike Meyer