[net.sf-lovers] Starlost reruns

@RUTGERS.ARPA:Margolin.Multics@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA (05/03/85)

From: Barry Margolin <Margolin@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>

I haven't seen any reruns off the Starlost series recently, but a few
months ago I saw a two-hour TV movie made by concatenating the two "Oro"
episodes (guest-starring Walter Koenig).  It was Saturday afternoon fare
on WPIX (channel 11 from NYC).  Unfortunately, it was pretty boring.
                                        barmar

demillo@uwmacc.UUCP (Rob DeMillo) (05/04/85)

> From: Barry Margolin <Margolin@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>
>
> I haven't seen any reruns off the Starlost series recently, but a few
> months ago I saw a two-hour TV movie made by concatenating the two "Oro"
> episodes (guest-starring Walter Koenig).  It was Saturday afternoon fare
> on WPIX (channel 11 from NYC).  Unfortunately, it was pretty boring.
>                                         barmar

My goodness! Starlost! I haven't heard that series title since I had
seen it about 11 years ago on the CBC. I had no idea that they were
rerunning it...
          ...can anyone provide further info? Like: who is rerunning
it? A national independent like WTBN, or locals?

--
                           --- Rob DeMillo
                               Madison Academic Computer Center

                 /
               =|--
               = \
               =
             [][][]

"...I don't know what this thing does, but it's pointing in your direction."

@RUTGERS.ARPA:Margolin.Multics@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA (05/07/85)

From: Barry Margolin <Margolin@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>

As far as I know, Starlost is not being rerun anywhere.  My message was
a response to someone's question last week about whether it was being
rerun.  Since my response about the tv-movie version was the only
response, it's probably safe to assume that it isn't being rerun.  It
certainly isn't being shown on any of the stations on my cable TV, which
includes WOR (New Jersey) and WTBS (is this what you meant by WTBS?).
It seems unlikely that they would bother syndicating a 16-episode series
that was not very popular in the first place.
                                        barmar

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (05/08/85)

I have seen the entire putrid series chopped up into a series of
movies and run as "Science Fiction Week" on the local UHF channel.
I hope the UHF channel didn't dupe anyone into thinking THAT is
science fiction!

				Lord Kahless