[mod.music.gaffa] More JD bashing

wicinski@NRL-CST.ARPA (wicinski) (11/08/86)

>Really-From: Susanne E Trowbridge
>  <ins_aset%jhunix.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>

>J.D. has been on SST's mailing list from the very beginning.  In
>fact, Husker Du's "Double Nickels On The Dime" was one of the very
>first things he reviewed for the Post.

SUE SUE SUE, you really know how to show your incompetence. try the
Minutemen's  "Double Nickels on the Dime" and maybe Huskers "Zen Arcade".

and any critic who would compare Gone to Crimson is stupid as shit.
these bands are SOOO fucking different that it's amazing how he got the
comparison.

but then again, your still blowing bouncers and record company execs so
you can get all the wavo hip college music when it comes out so you can
be soo much more fuckin' hipper than the next person that it almost
makes me puke.  it would make me puke, but your not worth the time it
takes to puke.

>Christ, Hofmann, first you whine that he doesn't review enough
>progressive music, but when he does, you still find stuff to
>complain about.

no, the dink is whining cause he wants to know why does every reviewer
for any big time rag always try to compare X to Y.

And we know that JD would not have written that Gone review if the New
York Times did not write in the first place.  Sounds like JD just copies
from other people...

>You may think you're cool, but some of us know better.

well, we know he's a dink, but at least he doesn't coddle to the fucking
people who think they are cool and hip and trendy and write for the city
paper or the washington yawn, and instead finds out about the REAL
underground music, and not the 'socially acceptable' underground.

wait till the Reptile House lp comes out on Homestead, then you'll be
sucking dick to write about them....

call me MR. dickhead

nessus.UUCP@mit-eddie.UUCP (11/08/86)

Ahhh...  Don't you just love Mr. Dickinski's lite refreshing style?
I bet Hofboyy's been sitting on Mr. Dickinski's wick again.  It's
great to see the result when two people are so happy!

ins_aset@jhunix.BITNET (Susanne E Trowbridge) (11/09/86)

>From: wicinski@NRL-CST.ARPA (wicinski)
>Subject: Re: More JD bashing

>>Really-From: Susanne E Trowbridge
>>  <ins_aset%jhunix.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>

>>J.D. has been on SST's mailing list from the very beginning.  In
>>fact, Husker Du's "Double Nickels On The Dime" was one of the very
>>first things he reviewed for the Post.

>SUE SUE SUE, you really know how to show your incompetence. try the
>Minutemen's  "Double Nickels on the Dime" and maybe Huskers "Zen Arcade".

OK, so I goofed.  Apologies to any offended Minutemen/Husker fans out
there.  If I may risk making your opinion of me even lower than it is,
I don't care for either band and I own neither record, so it was an
honest, if embarrassing and careless, mistake.  Now, I shall try to chop
through your tangled syntax and respond to your many interesting
accusations...

>but then again, your still blowing bouncers and record company execs so
>you can get all the wavo hip college music when it comes out so you can
>be soo much more fuckin' hipper than the next person that it almost
>makes me puke.  it would make me puke, but your not worth the time it
>takes to puke.

Ooh, yeah, I'm so fuckin hip.  My mouth is sore from givin all those
blow jobs.  Your so much cooler than me that I just can never hope to
be that cool so why should I even try.  Actually, if I was only
interested in having the latest "wavo hip college music," I would own
everything by the Huskers and the Minutemen, wouldn't I?  I mean, you
make it sound as if I just consult the CMJ or Rockpool Top 10 each
week, and that's how I decide which records to buy -- so I can own
whatever the "hip" college radio music is.  By the way, I'm not even
involved in college radio anymore, since WJHU switched to an NPR format
in August.  I suppose that makes you very happy, since I can't tyrannize
the airwaves anymore with my idea of what "hip music" is.  Also, if I
was only interested in the pursuit of "hip," I wouldn't have been
listening to my ABBA records last week...

>And we know that JD would not have written that Gone review if the New
>York Times did not write in the first place.  Sounds like JD just copies
>from other people...

I love it when you show your ignorance, wicinski.  I have explained this
before.  JD is not the pop music editor of the Post.  He works for a
guy called Richard Harrington.  A couple times a week, Richard calls JD
and tells him what to review.  He wanted the SST package for last week
because several of those bands were playing in town.  JD NEVER DECIDES
WHAT RECORDS TO REVIEW.  HE GETS ASSIGNMENTS.  Got that through your
thick skull?  He doesn't even read the Times.

>well, we know he's a dink, but at least he doesn't coddle to the fucking
>people who think they are cool and hip and trendy and write for the city
>paper or the washington yawn, and instead finds out about the REAL
>underground music, and not the 'socially acceptable' underground.

I know what I like.  I don't care what label it's on and how trendy it
is.  I liked the Woodentops loooong before anybody on these shores had
ever heard of them or played them on college radio.  Who are you to
tell me what's real underground and what's socially acceptable
underground?  Do you drop bands when they become socially acceptable
because you're too fuckin' cool to listen to them when WCVT and WHFS
start playing them?  I refuse to let anybody dictate my musical tastes,
and I refuse to allow them to be ridiculed.  I'll listen to Flipper
followed by Throbbing Gristle followed by Peter Gabriel followed by
Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam if I want to, and you can say what you want,
I don't care.

>wait till the Reptile House lp comes out on Homestead, then you'll be
>sucking dick to write about them....

"Sucking dick."  Do I detect a subtle theme throughout this posting?

>call me MR. dickhead

Okay, Mr. Dickhead it is.

Everybody's favorite fuckin cool blowjob-givin wavo,
Sue