[mod.music.gaffa] and If I didn't say enough already.....

wicinski@NRL-CSS.ARPA (Dickhead) (11/13/86)

Well, here's something hofmann, trowbridge, and anyone else with no
taste can groove on...I'll leave myself wide open for massive attack and
I expect than anyone who wimps out is really a wimp....

I like Bruce Springteen.  yep, sure do sue.  wimpy guitar pop at all.
But the only album I own is Nebraska. probably the only one I will ever
own too.  Everything else is wimpy guitar pop. Though I'm waiting for
someone to buy the new quintental live album so I can scarf on the live
acoustic numbers and be in heaven....

Peter Gabriel et al. / Capital Center / 17.50 a person

well, I really came out of the trench for this one.  I thought that
after I saw Gabriel in 83 at the Warner Theatre (2000 people ?) I would
never see him again, or be so in touch with the audience. wrongo. for
17,000 + people, they were into the ENTIRE concert, just the wavo
hits.  The show opened with an African Ju-Ju band, name unkown.  good
as shit though.  also the lead singer sings on gabriel's song 'In Your
Eyes'.  So find out who and what.  Well, Peter has Bruce's old Keyboard
player with him, as well as David Rhoades and Tony Levin, and an
unknown drummer.  And they proceeded to knock the house down.  Started
with "San Jacinto", into "Red Rain", "Whack the Monkey", and into
"Family Snapshot".  Played off of the new album "Mercy Street",
"FudgePacker", "Red Rain", "Don't Give Up" (WITHOUT KATE! I was
desperately hoping for her to show up), and a cool version of "Big
Time".  From Security he played "Family and the Fishing Net" and "Lay
Your Hands on Me".  from 3rd record he played "Family Snapshot", "No
Self Control".  Not sure about 3rd and 4th, all I own are German
versions of the records so I never know what they sound like in
English.  Also played a great version of "Here Comes the Flood".
Encore was "In Your Eyes" and "Biko" (of course). Came out to take a
curtian call.  I was impressed as hell again, coming close to 82 tour,
but still effective on a large crowd.  also, the crowd was not a "we'll
heresledgehammerandthenwe'llgohomecrowd".

you'll then meet the trendiest people then (trendy as in the
wicinski definition. to find trendy in the hofmann definition played the
latest poison idea tape.  for sue, try the housemartians. and so on....)

now to the fan mail:

>From: Joe Turnblue
>Big Black are like Wicinski; they think they're just sooo fuckin'
>cool, y'know?, and the attitude just RUINS whatever they have to say.
>Still, fun stuff, especially "Bad Houses" and "Bazooka Joe".

well, I AM NOT Steve Albini.  Steve Albini has a fascination with Lydia
Lunch, I have one with Sue T.  Also, check out their first lp
"Bulldozer" for real rocking tunes...

>Between Wicinski's vomiting and IED's fanatacism, is there ANYONE who has
>an open mind?

spppppllluuuurrrkkkkk

>Really-From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@nrl-css.arpa>

> Tim, just be happy that these folks don't sue you.

I don't understand how or why they would want to sue me. Am I upsetting
poor jim with my vague attempt at "street language".  next time your
down I'll take you to where I had my run in with the county cops...

>Pleading Immaculate Conception myself,
>  -J.B. Hofmann

wank

>Isn't it strange how something as wonderful as music can divide people
>so?  Well, this leads me to some intenso introspection on the Pussy
>Galore EP  (it's a 0 on the Sue scale and a 10 on the Wic scale).

double wank.  sounds like hofmann's putting on the wimp mask and
pretending to be nice in the vain hopes of getting "something" for any
females.

soon he'll be talking about the intention of Kawlidge Radio

But he is right, I like Pussy Galore, and they start their songs off,
but hofmann is right, they tend to drone on...

They'll blow most psuedo-industrial bands away though...

Reccomendation: Usually everything from Dischord is worth the $$.$$,
maybe even Dag Nasty.

To Greg-bo Taylor:

Lost my path to you again.  You seem to have the 3rd longest unix-nerdware
path behind earle and god.  I'll try something again, but yer miller
interview is coolness + 1.  and he's got a point - if you drag someone
to a miller or to a birdsongs show, they'll like it. unless that person
is hofmann, and then he'll only like what god tells him is socially
correct and will sneer at you.