[mod.music.gaffa] Roxy Music

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (12/02/86)

Really-From: Kiri   <rsx_zisc%jhunix.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>

>From: jordan@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Jordan Hayes)
>Subject: "Damn, it's *cold* out here!"

>    A monkey whirls around and smacks into Babs, spilling her drink.
>Lucky it wasn't that full, or I would have had to break his arm. He gets
>off easy *this* time, but ... why_i_oughta ... but soft! The bald man
>appears! Backup singers like some '78 Roxy Muzak ... short white halter
>tops and leather skirts in synchro_egypto_danse_o_mania.

Actually, Roxy Music broke up right after "Siren" (1975) and reunited
in 1979 for "Manifesto."  So you see, talking about '78 Roxy Music is
as foolish as discussing '83 Led Zeppelin or '81 Joy Division.

Kiri

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (12/02/86)

Really-From: jordan@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Jordan Hayes)

Silly me, did I say '78? I meant '73 ... damn keyboard.

/jordan