[mod.music.gaffa] Gawk, you people are BBBBOOOORRRrrrIIINNNGG

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (12/05/86)

Really-From: Jim Hofmann <hofmann@nrl-css.arpa>

now go whine to Doug:

From: Tim "I Often Dream of Scratching Myself" Wicinski

>and don't knock shit like working third shift unless you've done it (and
>not working on a program in front of some nerdminal either).  see ms.
>hofmann about the joy of thrid shift (I've only done second shift work
>in a wharehouse so i can't say either).

Favorite song of the third shift at the Foundry was "Breakdown" by
Tom Petty since they lived for breakdowns.

>hofmann's the trendy dink - he can tell us what is trendy for the
>fall/winter.

Gee, from working class joe to trendy dink all with a job change...

Okay, here's a report on the N.Y. C. Courtroom of Cool (w/ apologies
for the pompousness to IED and the over-metaphorization to gtaylor):

Live Skull will ascend for a brief reign as the judge of the New Yawk
Speed Trials w/ the Beasties as house jesters. M. Gira will sit in
as prosecuting attorney while the defendants, Sonic Youth, prepare their
bombastic defense, the long-awaited cover of the Beatle's White Album.  Serving
as attorney for the defense will be Gone from L.A. Law, who's latest lp
outscores the first (remember when Wic thought they were trendy?) on it's bar
exam.  Expect Ed Gein's Car to serve as a burly Sarge of Arms, I've
heard their demo and they've actually learned to play their instruments,
combined with that cool name - and their uncool age (almost as old
as Harrisburg's Late Teens - the group that put off fame and fortune
while their lead singer spent 20 years in the slammer for a cocaine
charge).  Nice seeing a hardcore band you can go for drinks with after
the show.  The stenographer be whomever can sit in as long as they
are ex-Mission of Burma (they sit in everywhere else).  In the audience
and soon to be escorted out are Agnostic Front and The Crumbsuckers -
sorry but the judge don't tolerate that behavior (and neither do the
insurance adjustors).  Outside, cleaning the 13th floor windows, will
be none other than Run-DMC, banging and screaming for their day in
court rather than their racially appointed roles as servicemen to
the courthouse.  And the court reporters, *egad*, they're multiplying
like fruit flies, all clones of the scatoscoopers from Conflict and
Forced Exposure, elbowing out the guys that park in the handicapped
spaces from Village Voice.  Meanwhile, outside the courtroom, LL Cool
J prepares a defense for a sexual defamation suit - the
maximum penalty being a year of being gagged with red tape. Afterwards,Madonna
concludes divorce proceedings from the underground w/Debbie Harry as a character
witness.

ALL POINTS BULLITEN:
Armed and Considered Dangerous - Any Information to the proper authorities
will be rewarded:  Flipper, Phantom Tollbooth, Die Kreuzen, Killdozer
(new ep out), Soul Asylum (readying release/on tour), Volcano Suns, Electric
Love Muffins, Dresden (still awaiting the tape, Paul...), Gray Matter,
Grey March and The Godfathers.  Youth gangs roaming the streets looking
for recording deals: Cyanamid,The Exposed, Yoko Killed John, Burried Droog...

				"until you're crucified
				 I live my life in taxi cabs"
							- Prince

Other stuff I can't shut up about:

	Jambi say, dig out them old Lil' Feat albums, they're hip again.  Expect
	"long lost" recordings to surface from the jetsam.  Also, Dick Clark
	has gone public (stock offerings, that is) - I'd like to see thousands
	of fans getting together to raid him with a hostile takeover - and then
	free his video vaults to the masses. Just repeat after me: "Mecka
        Lecka Hi Mecka Hinee Ho" (3X) and MAYBE IT WILL COME TRUE!

	And of course, iffen you don'ts like that do what WicOINKski does with
	his free time - sniff magic markers and insult teenage girls.