[net.music] The Theory and Practice of Party Tap

dave@rocksvax.UUCP (10/18/84)

In defense of rochester!lee's music, we used his party tapes at a "punks and
nerds" theme party a few weeks ago and we had people pretty well dancing
continuously from 10 PM to 3 AM. It works!!

ps. Even include some off the wall Polka's like the "Dance Little Bird".  That
got the last of the dance resisters on the floor.

Dave

gregbo@houxm.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (10/26/84)

> From: dave@rocksvax.UUCP

> ps. Even include some off the wall Polka's like the "Dance Little Bird".  That
> got the last of the dance resisters on the floor.

There's this one polka that became a hit single somewhere around the winter of
'76 called "Una Paloma Blanca".  Dunno if it could be considered a party tune
but I always thought the lyrics were funny.

"When the sun shines on the mountain,
 and the (k)night is on the run,
 it's a new day, it's a new day,
 and I fly up to the sun."
--
			Baby tie your hair back in a long white bow ...
			Meet me in the field, behind the dynamo ...

Greg Skinner (gregbo)
{allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4}!houxm!gregbo