[mod.music.gaffa] Why Annie got kicked out of a choir

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (01/17/87)

Really-From: ihnp4!inuxj!rael

   I wanted to respond directly to IED, but could not figure out a path back
to UCLA in a reasonable amount of time nor decipher what the IED's login
really is, so I thought the rest of the group probably wouldn't mind reading
this.

   Annie Haslam was kicked out of a choir because she sang too loud due to
a hearing impairment in one of her ears.  I'm not exactly sure where I know
this from, I think she mentioned this during the TV interview at which she
could not quite hit that fifth octave (or was it the eight one she had
problems with :-).  Sorry I don't have a much better proof than a vague
memory, but somehow that fact stuck in my mind.  I guess we could try to
get ahold of Annie and ask her (if it becomes necessary to get confirmation).
She is actually quite nice.  I had a chance to talk to her just before a show.
Not much mind you.  I told her I really liked her singing and she giggled and
said thanks.  She is also married (or at least was married) to NY/NJ producer
John Scher.  Don't remember where I got that one from either (sorry, must have
been in one of those now defunct brain cells).

						Dan Vanevic
						inuxj!rael

"Scheherazade bewitched him
 with songs of jeweled keys
 of princess and of heroes
 and eastern fantasies.
 She told him tales of sultans
 and talismans and rings.
 A thousand and one night she sang
 to entertain her king."

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (01/17/87)

Really-From: dap@cgl.ucsf.edu (David Pearlman)

In article <8701171149.AA12872@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: ihnp4!inuxj!rael
>
>[Annie Haslam] is also married (or at least was married) to NY/NJ producer
>John Scher.  Don't remember where I got that one from either (sorry, must have
>been in one of those now defunct brain cells).
>
>						Dan Vanevic

Hmmm... I thought I had read that she was living with Roy Wood (The Move,
ELO, Wizzard, etc.). Maybe all that hair got to her???

BTW, does anyone know if Renaissance is officially defunct? Not that their
last two releases (on IRS) leave me panting for more...

						David A. Pearlman