[mod.music.gaffa] Three hail Kates and a donation to the Love-Hounds almsbox

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (01/19/87)

Really-From: IED0DXM%UCLAMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

IED is elated to find out how wrong he was about the CD.
Thanks for the concrete info, Mike F. Also, to qualify another
statement he made recently, it is true that the domestic
vinyl release of The Whole Story carries the announcement
that a video of The Whole Story is available, as well -- so
not only the import (and domestic) CD says this, but the
domestic record does, too.

Unfortunately, this still does not make it true! IED
(who, after nearly nine years as a Kate Bush fan, has
learned to be cynical about announcements of forthcoming
KT product) strongly suspects that this notice on the
U.S. release was probably just overlooked by the EMI-America layout
department when they used the UK art for the domestic version. With luck,
there may be more concrete information about this puzzle
in Love-Hounds in a couple of days.

Applause to Jamie Andrews on a highly entertaining and
illuminating debut posting.

>Subject: Why Annie got kicked out of a choir
>   I wanted to respond directly to IED, but could not figure out a path back
>to UCLA in a reasonable amount of time nor decipher what the IED's login
>really is, so I thought the rest of the group probably wouldn't mind reading
>this.
>
>   Annie Haslam was kicked out of a choir because...                    to
>                     -- Dan Vanevic

Thanks for clearing this mystery up, Dan V. IED was completely
confused -- he thought you were saying that KATE had been kicked
out of a choir! Woops! Boy, IED is goofing up everywhere you look
today, huh, folks?

Regarding Dan Stewart's question, what happened to the other
ten demos is one of the big mysteries which only Kate will
ever be able to answer, and she probably never will. She has
now amassed many, MANY more unused songs than that -- it has
been suggested that there were more than two HUNDRED songs
ready for performance before The Kick Inside was ever recorded.
Kate is not likely to release any of the demos in the forseeable
future, mainly because she still comes back to them occasionally,
and cannibalizes bits and pieces of them for new music. She probably
wouldn't want the process of her work to become so exposed. Anyway,
some of the demos were rumoured to have come into an East German
record company's hands, and the story is Kate clamped down on them
hard to block the unauthorized release. (IED didn't make this
stuff up, folks, he just got it from Doug Alan!)

Oozing contrition for his past errors, this is IED signing off for now.