[mod.music.gaffa] Psychic TV, Comix, Van Der Graff

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (01/21/87)

Really-From: Sue Trowbridge   <ins_aset%jhunix.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>

>Subject: Psychic TV releases....

>Someone mentioned Psychic TV's 23 releases in the next 23 months.-- Well,
>I just bought the first of these releases (titled "Live in Tokyo") and was
>damn impressed by it (it's also the first release of theirs I've been able
>to find since "Those who do Not".

>-Paul Kirsch

If you really want to be weirded out, give Psychic TV's cover version
of the Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations" a spin.  They play it straight,
believe it or not.  It came out on 12" about 2 months ago.  Who would
have thought that Genesis P. was such a lighthearted guy?

>From: bill coderre <mit-amt!bc@seismo.CSS.GOV>

>The strip is really called "The Angriest Dog in the World" and appears
>in the Washington Post, and nowhere else I've seen. It's a kick, tho.

Actually, the strip appears in the Washington (and Baltimore) City
Paper, a yuppie ad sheet, er, alternative weekly that carries lots of
underground comix (Life In Hell, Lynda J. Barry, etc.).  The Post's
idea of funny comics is more along the lines of The Family Circus,
Snuffy Smith, and (my personal pet peeve) U.S. Acres, a strip populated
solely by neurotic farm animals.

>Does anyone really give a fuck about van Der Graff generator, anymore

>Todd

No.

--Sue