[mod.music.gaffa] Ups and Downs

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (01/26/87)

Really-From: Kathy Morris <morris@navajo.stanford.edu>

In article <8701240408.AA01645@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> ihnp4!attunix!sfsup!tamar writes:
>Who knows anything about the Australian "The Ups and Downs"? I bought
>their album on the strength of "The Living Kind" which I really enjoy
>but the rest of the album isn't great.
>
>Tamar

I bought the Ups and Downs' album after someone at our station told me
it was great.  I'm unimpressed, but perhaps I should listen to it again.
It sounds too much like wimpy music from England (not that I don't
listen to English music;  it's just that I'd been expecting something
with a bit more bite.  There's nothing particularly Australian about
this album).  I asked my sister about it (she works in a record shop in
Sydney) but she didn't know anything much about them.  From the record
sleeve, I concluded they're probably from Queensland originally (since
they thank 4ZZZ).

	Kathy

real address: morris@navajo.stanford.edu
uucp: ...!decwrl!glacier!navajo!morris