[mod.music.gaffa] KT's getting so popular ...

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (01/28/87)

Really-From: Nancy Everson <everson@spca.bbn.com>

The February issue of BR (_Boston Rock_, a monthly newspaper/magazine,
self-proclaimed "Chronicle of the Neo-Cool") has its 1986 Reader Poll
results, and I thought I would pass some of them along to Love-Hounds.

Best Female Singer -             KATE BUSH
	BR parenthetically comments "You people have such good taste."

Peter Gabriel and _So_ were voted "Best Album", "Best Album Cover", and
"Best Male Singer", while "Sledgehammer" was voted "Best Video" and "Best
Song" (tied with "Walk This Way", Run D.M.C., "Desire", Gene Loves Jezebel,
and "Run Now", Tommy Keene).

They go on with all sorts of bests and worsts, and have a few most overrateds
as well.  I don't feel like typing them all in.  But, if anyone's really
interested, I could send the complete Reader Poll winners list.

By the way, IED, the Swale's interview is great.  Thanks for taking the
trouble to share it with us.

			- Nancy

nancy everson  (everson@spca.bbn.com)
bbn software products corporation, cambridge mass

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (01/28/87)

Really-From: Robert Stanzel <apollo!rps>

>The February issue of BR (_Boston Rock_, a monthly newspaper/magazine,
>self-proclaimed "Chronicle of the Neo-Cool") has its 1986 Reader Poll
>results, and I thought I would pass some of them along to Love-Hounds.
>
>Best Female Singer -             KATE BUSH
>	BR parenthetically comments "You people have such good taste."

Well, now the truth can be told:  Doug Alan swiped two stacks of BR's
from Newbury Comics and mailed in the entry blanks suitably filled out.
Coming up with those assumed names and fake handwriting was quite a
chore, wasn't it Doug?

Rob Stanzel             UUCP:  ...{decvax!wanginst, mit-eddie}!apollo!rps
-------

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (01/29/87)

Really-From: nessus (Doug Alan)

> From: Robert Stanzel <apollo!rps>

> Well, now the truth can be told: Doug Alan swiped two stacks of BR's
> from Newbury Comics and mailed in the entry blanks suitably filled
> out.  Coming up with those assumed names and fake handwriting was
> quite a chore, wasn't it Doug?

No, it wasn't really, Rob.  Anything becomes easy for the sufficiently
dediKated.