[mod.music.gaffa] Several tour questions...

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (01/27/87)

Really-From: Paul Kirsch<kirsch@sjuvax.sju.edu>

Does anyone have a list of tour dates (eastern cities esp.) for Husker Du,
The Colourfield or The Stranglers??

Secondly,  could someone send me a list of addresses for Boston area clubs
and "cool" radio stations?

Thanks in advance
-Paul Kirsch

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (01/29/87)

Really-From: LODEN@LL.ARPA

   > Date: Tue, 27 Jan 87 12:38:51 EST
   > From: Paul Kirsch<kirsch@sjuvax.sju.edu>
   > Subject: Several tour questions...
   >
   > Secondly,  could someone send me a list of addresses for Boston
   > area clubs and "cool" radio stations?

CLUBS: (not exhaustive, opinions are subjective, exact addr.'s AOQ)

   1. TT the Bears - Central Sq., Cambridge
                   - local R&R +, small, set up poorly
                   - $5-ish
   2. Green Street - Green St., Jaimaca Plain
                   - local R&R +, cheap & good
                   - $3-$5
   3. The Paradise - Comm. Ave, Boston
                   - name-brand bands
                   - $5-$10
   4. Spit/DV8 - Landsdowne St., Boston
               - trendy stuff, bands sometimes
               - $? (haven't been lately)
   5. The Metro - (near Spit)
                - dance place most of the time, very glitzy, has every
                  light & mirror gimic known to man, pretentious, huge
                - $10 Fri. & Sat. & no band
   6. Jack's - Mass. Ave, Cambridge
             - local R&R, coffee-house-like in apperance, bands all week
               long, very small
             - $4-$7
   7. Club III - Somerville
               - (haven't been)
   8. The Channel - Necco St. (?), Boston (near South Station)
                  - huge, local & name-brand bands, dance space avail-
                    able, bad acoustics
                  - $3-$10
   9. Night Stage - Cenral Sq., Cambridge
                  - jazz, blues, etc., small, very nice
                  - $7-$15
   10. Ryles - Inman Sq., Cambridge
             - jazz
             - $?
   11. The Rat - Kenmore Sq., Boston
               - the place where the people that only dress in black go
               - $5-$7

RADIO STATIONS: (same as above)

   1. WBMR(88.1) - MIT's baby, BEST STATION IN TOWN, usual college stuff
                   show's to catch : 1. Breakfast of Champions (weekdays
                   8:00-10:00 am) 2. Late Riser's Club (weekdays 10:00-
                   12:00 am)
   2. WERS(89.?) - from Emerson College, usual college diversity, show
                   to catch : The Night Club (11:00 pm weekdays)
   3. WZBC(90.3) - from Boston College, show's to catch : 1. Modern
                   Rock Parts I&II 2. No Commercial Potential (be
                   forwarned - this show earns it's namesake) 3. Psyche-
                   delic Regressions (Sundays,3:00(?)-6:00 pm)
   4. WHRB(95.?) - from Hahvahd, plays either clasical or noisy,
                   punk/neo-punk/whateveryowanttocallthem bands
   5. WFNX(101.7) - commmercial,'lets-call-attention-to-how-NEW-we-
                    think-we-are' station, is good only a finite number
                    of minutes during the day, better at night (after
                    11:00 pm or so)

Tom R. Loden