[mod.music.gaffa] THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTHOOD...

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (02/25/87)

Really-From: hofmann@nrl-css.arpa (James B. Hofmann)

(hear that, y'all?)

Touch And Go records - home of many love-hound's favorite bands has MOVED!
The new address is POB 25520, Chicago, IL 60625.  Commit that to memory.
Due to the move, there haven't been many releases lately but you can all
look for: Butthole Surfers: Locust Abortion Technicians LP (what happened
to the 7"?) and Big Black: Heartbeat 7" and Big Black: Headache 12" EP -
also a chrome cassette will be released containing both these releases.
Prices on LPs are still holding pat at 6$ a shot and considering SST's
recent price increase, it would be wise to shower this company with your
money and buy up their stock and drop hints about how great their low
prices are.  Note also that the new Scratch Acid EP, Beserker is out
on this label.

Speaking of SST - they have about 6 CD's out.  Be on the lookout for fIREHOSE
and DC3 tour as well as Corrosion of Conformity (who've recently been
signed).  New stuff from Opal, Angst, et al.  and much more.  The PPD prices
have risen to 7.50, so I won't be buying much on the whim from this
company anymore though I'll probably still have to stock up on essential
items.  Speaking of which: Ballot Result by the Minutemen is one such
essential item.  I found it in a store for 7.99 - it's a double record
chock full of favorite Minutemen live materiel as well as a dance mix
of "No One" which was to have been released in Europe.

The Descendents, masters of razor edged pop and anti-social flatuence, have a
new record out called "All".  Tour dates:

Feb 26: Gainesville (Legion Hall)
Feb 27: MIami (Cameo Theater)
Feb 28: Melbourne
Mar 1:  Orlando
Mar 2: Athens (40 Watt Club)
Mar 4: Raleigh (Brewery)
Mar 5: DC (Hung Jury)
Mar 6: Baltimore (Polish National Hall)
Mar 7: Trenton (City Gardens)
Mar 10 Richmond
Mar 11: Pittsburg (Electric Banana)
Mar 12: Hoboken (Maxwell's)
Mar 13: NewYork (Ritz)
Mar 14: Cambridge (TT The Bears)
Mar 15 New York
Mar 17: Burlington
Mar 18: Montreal (Fou Founes Electrique)
Mar 19: Hamilton (Rockpile)
Mar 20: Detroit
Mar 21: Cincinatti
Mar 22: Chicago (Metro)
Mar 23: Louisville (Tooligans)
Mar 24 St. Louis (Mississippi Nights)
MAr 25: Minneapolis (First Ave)
Mar 26: Madison (hi, Barb!)
Mar 27: Milwaukee
Mar 28, Green Bay
Mar 29, Lincoln
Mar 30 Kansas City
Mar 31 Denver
Aprl 1 Salt Lake City

You all in the Northeast/South now have no excuse to miss them.

				Jim's broadcasting service

(P.S. to IED:  As I remember, IED, you posted a challenge.  I answered
your challenge.  You have NOTHING to contend my challenge (Doug
didn't post the challenge, you did).  I therefore win and the Butthole
Surfers have released much better vinyl than Kate could ever hope
to muster ... case closed)

Love-Hounds-request@EDDIE.MIT.EDU.UUCP (02/25/87)

Really-From: nessus (Doug Alan)

> From: hofmann@nrl-css.arpa (James B. Hofmann)

> (P.S. to IED: As I remember, IED, you posted a challenge.  I
> answered your challenge.  You have NOTHING to contend my challenge
> (Doug didn't post the challenge, you did).  I therefore win and the
> Butthole Surfers have released much better vinyl than Kate could
> ever hope to muster ... case closed)

Your logic must be a little rusty, Jimmy, boy.  Just because you won a
debate doesn't mean that your possition is correct.  Grade: Debating
Ability: B+.  Logic Comprehension: D.