[net.sf-lovers] The obscure H. G. Wells

boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (05/21/85)

From: boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA

> From: stc!pete@topaz.arpa (Peter Kendell)

>>From: Barry Margolin <Margolin@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>
>>
>>Just to set the record straight, the film TMWCWM is based on the
>>short story of the same name by a relatively unknown author named
>>H.G.  Wells....
>>                                        barmar
>
> FLAMEFLAMEFLAMEFLAMEFLAMEFLAME
>
> H.G. Wells unknown??? When and where were you born??? To speak of
> one of the founders of modern SF like this is ridiculous. Many of
> his stories (The Time Machine - it invented the time-travel genre,
> War of the Worlds - better written and more exciting + logical than
> any of its successors) stand up today better than the forgotten work
> of later writers.
>
> FLAMEOFF

You're joking, right? Well, I'm sure that Barry would've been
happy to have put a :-) in his posting, but how on Earth would
he guess that anyone would think he wasn't making a joke? Sheesh.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA