[net.sf-lovers] criticizing

callaghan%pseudo.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (05/22/85)

From: callaghan%pseudo.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Gaylene Callaghan DTN:523-4523)

I normally keep quiet, but this one won't stay still.

For those that criticize and tack on "I can do better than
that" or "I can write better than that", I haven't yet seen
someone with a BIG mouth actually sit down and do something
with all those *wonderful* ideas they think they have.

How about it? When are we going to hear something from you
other than criticism? When are you going to do something?
Why not change the story and let us hear *your* ideas?

Gaylene

crm@duke.UUCP (Charlie Martin) (05/23/85)

In article <2047@topaz.ARPA> callaghan%pseudo.DEC@decwrl.ARPA writes:

>For those that criticize and tack on "I can do better than
>that" or "I can write better than that", I haven't yet seen
>someone with a BIG mouth actually sit down and do something
>with all those *wonderful* ideas they think they have.
>
>How about it? When are we going to hear something from you
>other than criticism? When are you going to do something?
>Why not change the story and let us hear *your* ideas?

	RIGHT ON!!  I've been trying to do better for four years steadily,
	and I'm no threat to Heinlein yet (or even published yet,
	dammitall).

	"... competent writer ... is an insult" indeed.
--

			Charlie Martin
			(...mcnc!duke!crm)