[net.sf-lovers] SF-LOVERS Digest V10 #175

BARD@MIT-XX.ARPA (05/24/85)

From: Bard Bloom <BARD@MIT-XX.ARPA>

> Anyway, the plot: It starts out with a (student, woman) psychologist
> visiting another woman who's been put away as a schizophrenic.  Then
> there's this sort of segue, and it ends up in the patient's
> supposedly imaginary universe where there are only women and one of
> the women is giving virgin birth to her daughter and the
> psychologist person had been the crazy one but she's over it now.

It sounds like something in the Varley collection _The_Barbie_Murders_,
which was recently reissued under another title.  (Then again, it might be
something I read at the same time; which won't help you tracing it.)

> "THE BLACK CAULDRON" (July 12) - first major new Disney animation in
> 5 years.  "could be the summer's surprise hit" No mention of the
> story but the title sounds promising.

Is it Lloyd Alexander's _The_Black_Cauldron_, from a series of five books
set in someplace nontrivially Welsh?  Chronicles of Prydain, or some such?

Bard
  "Bibliography is none of my business" -- or at least it shouldn't be.

-------