[mod.amiga] Termcap for the Amiga

XBR2D995@DDATHD21.BITNET.UUCP (01/27/87)

Hallo,
We want to connect the Amiga as a terminal to a SysV Unix System
(Silicon Graphics IRIS 31xx). Has anybody already written a TERMCAP
entry for the Amiga-Console-Device and is willing to share his experience?

Regards
Martin Knoblauch

TH-Darmstadt
Dept. Physical Chemistry 1
Petersenstrasse 20
D-6100 Darmstadt
West-Germany

stever@videovax.TeK.COM.UUCP (01/29/87)

Martin Knoblauch (XBR2D995@DDATHD21.BITNET) writes:
> We want to connect the Amiga as a terminal to a SysV Unix System
> (Silicon Graphics IRIS 31xx). Has anybody already written a TERMCAP
> entry for the Amiga-Console-Device and is willing to share his experience?

(I have no idea how to mail a message to Martin, since he is on BITNET.)

I would strongly suggest that anyone who wants to use an Amiga as a
terminal should get a copy of Dave Wecker's VT100 emulator.  It runs
very fast (no noticeable display lag).  Best of all, it can be used with
a generic vt100 termcap.

					Steve Rice

{decvax | hplabs | ihnp4 | uw-beaver}!tektronix!videovax!stever