SANDER%DEC-MARLBORO@sri-unix.UUCP (08/21/84)

From:  Warren Sander <SANDER at DEC-MARLBORO>

There's a lot of talk on what may happen if ST IV continues along the
same path as ST II and ST III. Who's to say that it will continue that way.
STTMP and STtRoK take place year(s) apart because this newly refurbished
Enterprise has become a training ship. What is to say that ST IV couldn't happen
at some earlier time say the last adventure of the now immortalized 5-year
mission. Or maybe they could overlook the entire thing and just make a Star
Trek movie. I hope they don't get hung up on what happened before. Think
carefully how much of the main action of ST II was incorporated into ST III
all the Gensis/Spock stuff was just filler leading up to the ST III. The main
action was Kahn escaping and going after Kirk. So maybe there is some action
perhaps on the side that we maybe missing. (ie the 'secret mission' etc) that
will quickly resolve the past and let them continue on into the future with
a new adventure. (maybe McCoy and Spock will now share some mind link that
the Klingons and/or Romulans will us to get to Spock.) remember Kirk did steal
a Klingon ship maybe they're mad at him.. (something to think about) after
all courtroom movies are good only if you haven't seen all the action before
(a la Breaker Morant or even the Courtmarshall episode of ST).

		Warren Sander  [SANDER at DEC-MARLBORO]
   --------

@RUTGERS.ARPA:MRC@SU-SCORE.ARPA (02/13/85)

From: Mark Crispin <MRC@SU-SCORE.ARPA>

Is there any truth to the rumor that it will be called "You Klingon
Sons, You Killed My Bastard"????
-------

@RUTGERS.ARPA,@MIT-MC:LS.SRB@MIT-EECS (02/14/85)

From: "Stephen R. Balzac" <LS.SRB%MIT-EECS@MIT-MC.ARPA>

	Apparently Shatner is getting $2,000,000 to do the movie.  I
haven't heard anything about Nimoy, but George Takei is coming to
speak at MIT in a couple of weeks, so maybe something concrete will be
revealed.

@RUTGERS.ARPA,@MIT-MC:LS.SRB@MIT-EECS (02/14/85)

From: "Stephen R. Balzac" <LS.SRB%MIT-EECS@MIT-MC.ARPA>

	Actually, the working title is "Jim Kirk Rides Again or Old
Starship Captains Never Die, They Just Make More Money."

tgm@ukc.UUCP (T.Murphy) (02/24/85)

What about 'The Search for David?'

...mcvax!ukc!tcdmath!jaymin
            or
Joe Jaquinta
c/o D.U. Maths Society
Trinity College Dublin
Ireland

appatel@kcl-cs.UUCP (ZNAC343) (03/04/85)

	Does anybody over in the states have any news on "STAR TREK VI", we
have have heard that Nimoy has signed up but Shatner is still holding out.Is this true? Can anybody shed more light on the subject ?

@RUTGERS.ARPA:BARTLETT@SU-CSLI.ARPA (04/18/85)

From: Terry Bartlett <BARTLETT@SU-CSLI.ARPA>

Someone asked a while back about STIV: The Trial of Captain Kirk. I am
fairly sure that this is at least the working title, and I have heard
(from what I consider to be a reliable source) that the plot(s) will
go along these lines:

First of all, Captain Kirk is in a lot of trouble for disobeying orders,
stealing a starship, and destroying it.  It seems to be Starfleet's
intention to nail him to the wall this time, even if he is one of their
greatest heroes.  The rest of the crew of the Enterprise have been
reassigned.

However, one thing survives the destruction of the Enterprise: the "flight
recorder"(or whatever its equivalent is).  This just happens to contain
all the information related to Project Genesis, and the Klingons have sent
an entire battle group to recover it.

The Federation is not entirely ignorant; they know what is happening in
the Mutara sector.  So, they send Captain Sulu, Checkov, Uhura, and
assorted others in a newly designed Federation Stealth ship to recover the
recorder.  A nice plan, but they blow it, and are captured by the Klingons.

While this is taking place, Starfleet has been spreading subspace propaganda
about Kirk's trial, apparently so that he can be used for a final suicide
mission.  They give him a choice: even though he has pled not guilty, and
has absolutely no chance to win, they will let him off if he recovers
the recorder and rescues Sulu.  The only equipment that he has to use is
the Klingon ship he captured in STIII.

This appears to be a movie based on war, and as it turns out, Kirk succeeds,
and in the process destroys a good deal of the Klingon battle group.  The
only thing wrong with this version is that George Takei has said that they
intend to remain fairly close to information that exists about the ST
universe.  If this is the case, then the enemies here will probably be
the Romulans and not the Klingons. (remember the Organian peace treaty?)
Also, this is probably going to be the last ST movie with the original
cast, as some characters are supposed to be killed, this time for good.

For what it's worth,

Terry <bartlett@su-csli.arpa>
-------

avolio@decuac.UUCP (Frederick M. Avolio) (04/22/85)

I suspect that we won't really know about ST:IV until it's out. (In
the can, as they say...) I mean, we've read about three or four plot
lines people "got" from "reliable sources".  At one end is this
discription...

> This appears to be a movie based on war, and as it turns out, Kirk succeeds,
> and in the process destroys a good deal of the Klingon battle group.  The
> Also, this is probably going to be the last ST movie with the original
> cast, as some characters are supposed to be killed, this time for good.

And then we have Takei's own words (on local radio in Baltimore, for
example) saying it was going to be "done for fun...  Like The Trouble
With Tribbles." Since it is hard to reconcile these two discriptions,
I suspect we're shooting in the dark. (Keep those old cliches alive!)
--
Fred Avolio      {decvax,seismo}!decuac!avolio      301/731-4100 x4227

appatel@kcl-cs.UUCP (ZNAC343) (05/09/85)

It seems that the plot to Star Trek IV: The Search For Enterprise is as
follows: (This information is from a RELIABLE source)

	The USS Enterprise having been regenerated in the atmosphere of the     Genesis planet,and feeling very well after the whole experience,heads for
the planet Vulcan.The Enterprise is being controlled by a mysterious Energy
force,never encountered before.
	The crew,all having been on the Genesis planet,lose all of their
wrinkles and feel young and beautiful again,and ready to take on another
five year voyage.Captain Kirk doesn't lose all of his wrinkles (due to there
being too many of them.),but is cleared of all charges and declared a hero.
	The crew all beam up to the Enterprise,exchange a few cliches,and
head towards a black hole,that just happens to be lying around near by in space)
at warp factor 10.Due to the emense gravity of the black hole they go back in
time to just before the Enterprise buys it over Genesis.Because there are now
two Enterprises,the Klingon Bird Of Prey is blown out of excistence.Kirk's son
David does not die,so Kirk misses his chance to swear and act emotional.
	There are now two Enterprises left and two crews,so both crews enter
the transporter at the same time and are joined together as one.Then they all
return to Earth with two Enterprises,Star Fleet forgives them all (one reason
being that they now have two Enterprises to sell for scrap instead of one),
and Kirk is declared a Hero (again).
	(The crew went on to make guest appearances in the new series of
T.J.Hooker).

		(TO BE OR NOT TO BE THAT IS ILLOGICAL CAPTAIN...SPOCK).

appatel@kcl-cs.UUCP (ZNAC343) (05/25/85)

It seems that the plot to Star Trek IV: The Search For Enterprise is as
follows: (This information is from a RELIABLE source)

	The USS Enterprise having been regenerated in the atmosphere of the     Genesis planet,and feeling very well after the whole experience,heads for
the planet Vulcan.The Enterprise is being controlled by a mysterious Energy
force of a type never encountered before.
	The crew,all having been on the Genesis planet,lose all of their
wrinkles and feel young and beautiful again,and ready to take on another
five year voyage.Captain Kirk doesn't lose all of his wrinkles (due to there
being too many of them.),but is cleared of all charges and declared a hero.
	The crew all beam up to the Enterprise,exchange a few cliches,and
head towards a black hole,that just happens to be lying around near by in space)
at warp factor 10.Due to the emense gravity of the black hole they go back in
time to just before the Enterprise buys it over Genesis.Because there are now
two Enterprises,the Klingon Bird Of Prey is blown out of existance.Kirk's son

appatel@kcl-cs.UUCP (ZNAC343) (05/30/85)