[mod.computers.68k] Atari 1040ST Question

HELLER@umass-cs.CSNET.UUCP (05/16/86)

	I am thinking of get an Atari 1040ST as a second computer for
use "at the office". I already have a Stride 440 at home running
CP/M-68K.  The Stride has two 5.25" DSDD 96TPI floppy drives.  I have
heard that the Atari also runs CP/M-68K underneath a layer or two of
graphics/window hackery.  The Atari has a built in 3.5" floppy drive
and a port for a second floppy drive.  My question is: can I put a
5.25" DSDD 96TPI floppy drive on the Atari as a second drive?  If
this is posible it would make it posible to easily move files between
the Stride (at home) and the Atari (at work).  (The Atari at work
would have a direct serial connection to the VAXen I use at work,
thus I can use Kermit to move files between the Atari and the VAXen.)

				Robert Heller

mwm@OPAL.BERKELEY.EDU (Mike Meyer, I'll be mellow when I'm dead) (05/22/86)

>	I am thinking of get an Atari 1040ST as a second computer for
>use "at the office". I already have a Stride 440 at home running
>CP/M-68K.  The Stride has two 5.25" DSDD 96TPI floppy drives.  I have
>heard that the Atari also runs CP/M-68K underneath a layer or two of
>graphics/window hackery.  The Atari has a built in 3.5" floppy drive
>and a port for a second floppy drive.  My question is: can I put a
>5.25" DSDD 96TPI floppy drive on the Atari as a second drive?  If
>this is posible it would make it posible to easily move files between
>the Stride (at home) and the Atari (at work).  (The Atari at work
>would have a direct serial connection to the VAXen I use at work,
>thus I can use Kermit to move files between the Atari and the VAXen.)
>
>				Robert Heller

The November, 1985 issue of ANTIC magazine (Vol 4, No. 7) has an article
on how to do that.

------- End of Forwarded Message