[mod.computers.68k] [aplcen!jhunix!ins_aeas@mimsy.umd.edu

mwm@VIOLET.BERKELEY.EDU.UUCP (02/09/87)

------- Forwarded Message

From: aplcen!jhunix!ins_aeas@mimsy.umd.edu  (Earle A. Sugar)
Subject: 68k system monitor needed
Sender: info-68k-request@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
To: info-68k@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

     I am looking for a simple system monitor program to use on a homebrew
68k system.  All it has to do is talk to a terminal, allow simple memory
view and changes, and download from an EXORcisor system.  The most
important aspect is that the program be public domain (i.e. free), and
I need the source code (I'll hand assemble it if I need to).
     I am also looking for a 68k cross assembler that will run on
an Apple ][, which has my EPROM burner in it.  Thanks in advance.

------- End of Forwarded Message

thieret.WBST128@XEROX.COM.UUCP (02/10/87)

Mike,

If you get any responses to your inquiry for a 68000 monitor I'm
interested too.  However I'm looking for a good cross assembler for
CP/M-80.  There is a marginal one in the public domain but doesn't have
and perks.

Furthermore, I'm interested in any debugging tools or books which were
helpful in you 6800 building project.  Also (again) what does your
system contain?  I'm wrestling with how to deal with the many ways of
interfacing to dynamic ram.

Tracy.

cc_is@seismo.CSS.GOV@ux63.bath.ac.uk (02/12/87)

You might try the book

Programming the M68000 by Tim King & Brian Knight
Pub: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company 1983
ISBN 0-201-14635-5

It has a complete listing of a simple monitor. The only mods needed will
be to drive the terminal I/O. At the moment it assumes a 6850 ACIA, but
only 2 small routines need to be changed for some other system. The book
costs 9 pounds in the UK.

Disclaimer: I know Tim King, he used to work here.
--
Mr I. W. J.  Sparry	Phone:	+44 225 826826 x 5983
University of Bath	JANET:	cc_is@UK.AC.BATH.UX63