[net.music] Oh No!

nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan) (10/25/84)

I just found out that two of Duran Duran's favorite musical artists are
Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush!  Oh no!  Am I still allowed to like Peter
Gabriel and Kate Bush now???
--
				-Doug Alan
				 mit-eddie!nessus

				"What does 'I' mean"?

rh@mit-eddie.UUCP (Randy Haskins) (10/26/84)

>    From: nessus@mit-eddie.UUCP (Doug Alan)
>    Newsgroups: net.music
>    Subject: Oh no!
>       [BS deleted]
>    I just found out that two of Duran Duran's favorite musical
>    artists are Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush!  Oh no!  Am I still
>    allowed to like Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush now???
>				    -Doug Alan
>       [more BS deleted]
Oh, Dougie, go get wet somewhere.  Lots of lame people like Pink Floyd,
for example, but I don't let that influence me (I'll have to admit that
a lame following makes going to concerts a bit of a drag, but that's
life.)  Thinking about it, though, maybe we won't allow you to like
Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush anymore.  Or Pink Floyd.  But then, ever
since Peter Gabriel joined Genesis and they started doing stuff like
"The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway," I haven't cared much for him.  Also,
I wasn't very happy about Kate Bush stealing Pat Benetar's songs.
--
Randwulf  (Randy Haskins);  Path= genrad!mit-eddie!rh

Deryk Barker <DBarker@his-phoenix-multics.arpa> (10/29/84)

Peter  Gabriel  didn't join Genesis - not in the accepted sense anyway -
he  was  a founder member and left just after "The Lamb..." as I recall.
By  the  way  -  you  were never allowed to like Kate Bush - the lisping
wimp....